Hello from Boise, Idaho

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatioDaddio

Babbling Farker
My name is John Dawson and I am a husband and father of three daughters (10, 8 and 6). I am a software engineer by day and an amateur cook in my free time.

I compete in KCBS contests in the northwest (primarily Idaho and Utah) under the name "Patio Daddio BBQ" (solo). In June of 2006, my wife encouraged me to try my hand at the Idaho state championship. To say I was clueless is a vast understatement. However, I was very fortunate to take 3rd in chicken and 13th overall (31 teams). I was hooked big time! Since then I have competed in four more competitions and have had eight calls total, including two firsts in chicken. It's been a short but great ride so far.

I'm glad to be here among my fellow BBQ brothers and sisters.

John

Welcome John. Glad you have you here. Congrats on the 13th Place. 13th Place is Honor you will come to understand.

Welcome to the greatest forum on the planet John!

Sounds like your off to a running start already.

Welcome John, What are you cooking on? The rule here is without a picture it didn't happen. Good luck with your cooking.

Welcome John, What are you cooking on? The rule here is without a picture it didn't happen. Good luck with your cooking.

Thanks. I currently use two WSMs and a 12 year-old Brinkmann Smoke'n Pit for competitions. I also have an Orion, and now a drum, with another yet to build.

The idea is to switch to the two drums as my sole competition cookers. One WSM is already sold.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back