FAST RIBS?? Help please...

keale

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Anyway to rush it? :confused: Its been on the UDS for about 2 hrs,(started really late) at 230* so far. I know, I know...low and slow is best, but I don't want have it for breakfast!!:p:rolleyes:
Waiting for some info... thanks!

Wrap them ASAP that will allow you to lock in the moisture but increase the temp.

If you got smoke on em, put em in the oven at highr temp. Next time boil em first.:lol:

Thanks, ok then I'll wait a little longer do I take it to the oven? What temp, and about how long? Is the foil for the oven also? or just for the UDS?

I cook ribs at 300 on my smoker often, they move right along, and are great as long as you pull them right when they are ready...

Keale, buddy, foil them and leave on the UDS. If you want, crack the lid a fuzz and kick the temp up for about 30-45 mins. The ribs will cook pretty fast, so keep an eye on them. But the time you fire the oven, you will be done leaving on the UDS. Good luck brother. Let us know......PICS?
+

Meat, just for you! I actually stopped what I was doing and opened the UDS and took these for you! About as live as can get! :p

Attachments

• IMG_1322.jpg
    IMG_1322.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1323.jpg
    IMG_1323.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 148
pics look like spares.

I would Push temps to 300, foil IF they start to pull back from the bone(look like they already are). Check back on them 45-60 minutes after foiling. Pinch in between the bones. If they are about 90% done, take them out of the foil and return to pit to set the sauces(or rub)..

Thanks Poobah! Foiling now, I think the fatty and the ABTS should all be done the same time as ribs.... I HOPE!

Put a little Apple juice in the foil with them, if you have it.

yeah, what he said! (forgot that part).. helps braise them a little.

(Any fruit juice will do.... I use cherry juice)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Burner
Keale, what do you have the therm stuck through for grill temps?

hes in Hawaii.. must be a hunka sugar cane. :)
Close! Its a piece of Guava wood, I drilled a hole in it...I've been using it the last 6 months...

Keale, figured you had some trick up your sleave. My potatoes don't last that long. That looks like a cool trick! The wood really isn't burning too bad so that looks like a good mod. Thanks. Again, don't post those rib pics when it's 10:00 here...bad Keale.. LOL

Back