Cooking Class Yazoo's Delta Q KCBS/MBN Class

S

SmokeInDaEye

Memphis in May 2010 winners and BBQ Pitmasters runners up Yazoo's Delta Q will be holding a class in Hernando, MS (20 minutes or so from Memphis) November 13 and 14th.

The class will extensively cover the prep and cooking of meats for both MBN (ribs, shoulders, whole hog) and KCBS contests (chicken, ribs, shoulder and brisket) as well as everything it takes to be successful from setup to on-site MBN presentations.

They have more info at http://www.yazoosdeltaq.com/cooking-classes.

Wish this class was either closer or I had more vacation time from the 'day job!' I'd love to take this...

Question for those that have been to these types of classes (not just this one, but ones like JOS, Lotta Bull, etc)

What do you come away with? Is it techniques and flavor profile development tips to help you do what you already do better, or is it more of a wrote copy of what these teams are currently doing, ie: "Do items A,B, C, and E from the checklist" with no real explanation as to why?

just askin

I hope it is more than this is what we use now go do it, and thats with any class i plan on taking. I am hoping more on some insight as to what they do and why they do it.

Back