Chicken Fajita Spuds

Mr. Bo

is one Smokin' Farker
In route to the store this morning I remembered a restaurant where I used to live called The Cabbage Patch. The food was always great but one of my favorites was a chicken fajita spud. Those thoughts made me want one pretty bad. So, I picked up some fajita sliced chicken breast strips, marinade and some nice baking potatoes while at the store.
Once I made it back home, I mixed the marinade and added juice from a couple of limes before adding the chicken. The bowl went to the fridge for about 3 hours before grilling. The baking potatoes were washed and rubbed down with butter before wrapping in foil and being placed in a 350 degree oven. The Teflon coated (coating started coming off the first use) non-stick griddle I bought at Lowes was rubbed down with some EVOO and put on the grill to heat up. Here's a shot of the chicken fajitas on the grill......

dscf2053.jpg

%3E

The baked potato is split open and filled with grated cheese, the grilled chicken fajitas, chopped green onions. Then topped with more cheese and home made salsa. Served with a side garden salad and a couple of green onions.
I have to say that this was one tasty meal.

dscf2058.jpg

I love the sound of that! Added to the never ending list of things to try! Thanks for sharing.

That does look and sound tasty!! Thanks for sharing. :-D

Hey it even looks half healthy. My wife doesn't like taters but she might go for that.

I love potatoes just about any way you can cook em. But this is the only way I can eat them without salt, pepper, gravy or catsup.

Back