After the fact report

qapla

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Qapla
This past weekend I smoked two pork shoulders in my converted ECB (electric powered) They were for a gathering on Sunday afternoon (eating around 4 PM)

I smoked with charcoal and Oak wood.

The shoulders were each about 8 lbs. I made a rub from salt, light brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, Cajun seasoning and black pepper.

Put the shoulders in about 5 PM on Sat night. Had to refill the charcoal bowl 3 times during the smoke.

Pulled them from the ECB around 7 AM Sunday. I wrapped them in foil (had to use three pieces of foil since one of the shoulders fell into two chunks along the fat line)

I placed the 3 wrapped pieces in a electric roaster set just under 150 degrees (I needed to keep them warm till we were ready to go to the gathering - had worship in the AM)

Around 2 PM I removed it from the foil to pull them. The bones lifted out with ease. The pork pulled fast and easy and felt very moist.

I put the pulled pork into a slow-cooker style roaster with a lid to take to the gathering. When we arrived at the gathering, I plugged the slow-cooker in until it was time to serve. The pork was still very moist and piping hot. It was such a hit that none came home :doh:

Wish I had taken pics, but had so much to do during the day and smoked the meat through the night ... well ... you know.

Last edited:
Congrats on a good cook. Pulled pork is always a crowd favorite. Inexpensive to buy and wonderful to eat.

Back