Humphrey's Down East Beast is coming to the Southeast !!

Save the cardboard corner protectors! They come in handy if you ever need to strap that thing down in a truck sometime.

I have considered ordering a humphries they are well built... Even tho i build cookers right now i have not had a desire to build a vertical insulated cabinet.. Although in the new year we will be offering a vertical offset... Sorta like lone star... With several options... My concern with the vertical reverse flows... (And i am not knocking anyone) if the firebox is anything less than 1/4 inch thick... At some point you have got to replace that area in my opinion... Then you have opened a can of worms... The reason i say this is... I have been approached with one that had burnt out or rusted thru... And i told the guy... Brother you are looking at a grand for me to fix it... It woul be a lot of work... Again i am not knocking anyone.. Humphries ... Is a great cooker.. So is pitmaker... Anything less than 1/4 in the firebox area would concern me.... Troy i am sure you will love that cooker... And i have no idea what the firebox area is made of...

Paul, always great to hear from you! If i like it half as much as my Shirley ill be elated...

I have considered ordering a humphries they are well built... Even tho i build cookers right now i have not had a desire to build a vertical insulated cabinet.. Although in the new year we will be offering a vertical offset... Sorta like lone star... With several options... My concern with the vertical reverse flows... (And i am not knocking anyone) if the firebox is anything less than 1/4 inch thick... At some point you have got to replace that area in my opinion... Then you have opened a can of worms... The reason i say this is... I have been approached with one that had burnt out or rusted thru... And i told the guy... Brother you are looking at a grand for me to fix it... It woul be a lot of work... Again i am not knocking anyone.. Humphries ... Is a great cooker.. So is pitmaker... Anything less than 1/4 in the firebox area would concern me.... Troy i am sure you will love that cooker... And i have no idea what the firebox area is made of...

Drake,
How about some action shots from your competition this weekend?

Right on, welcome to Team Humphreys. I have had my pint a few weeks now and absolutely love it. I was surprised at how quickly it heats up without a torch to the chamber at all. Going to run briquette and lump combo this weekend at its first comp. Get some pics up.

When I get them posted up, I didn't take any shots myself during the comp but the organizer did. I will try to get some today. She ran like a top throughout the comp though, solid temps at all times, used less than a bag of Kingsford throughout the whole event. Love this thing.

Last edited:
Back