Make Quick BBQ Brisket with Guy Fieri :-)

This might be the greatest video of all times.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IljTDzO_X8E&t=117s"]Fieri - YouTube[/ame]

This might be the greatest video of all times.

Ummm, yeah. It might be the greatest video, but I would have no idea. Such an odd feeling of confusion. It was in English, it was subtitled, but yet I could understand none of it.

Is there some sort of Guy Fieri cult action going on on the interwebs?

I thought "pork brisket" was confusing.

Well, I can see putting brisket on the smoker for 2-3 hours, forming a nice bark and then into the pressure cooker to finish. If I can cook a brisket in 3 hours that has smoke and bark and is that tender and moist, and have time to put away a six-pack, it sounds like it's worth a try.

You know, this isn't a half bad idea. Mebbe I'll try it with a chuckie. I've got a pressure cooker just waitin' in the wings. I use that all the time for corned beef, so why not brisket? :thumb:

I enjoy DDD.
So I went to a couple of the places he profiled here in Indy.
The food was so-so. No inclination to return.
Alot of good stuff on his show, and alot of bull shart also

Ya, I kinda had a feeling the show exaggerated how good the food is in some of those places. I don't think Guy has a very good poker face either. Sometimes you can tell HE REALLY likes something, other times you can tell he's saying its good for the camera but canhardly wait to spit it out.

Looks good, but I could never do a brisket that way, it has to be low and slow for me.

I'd try it. Looked good to me but what do I know being a former Marine I enjoyed C-RATS.

That method reminds me of my childhood. Only instead of a pressure cooker, my mom would use a crock-pot.

I'd try it. Looked good to me but what do I know being a former Marine I enjoyed C-RATS.

you LIKED C-rats!!:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: So you were the one! Did you write that C-rat cookbook too? I still have my John Wayne on my keychain.

And there's no such thing as a former Marine. Semper Fi.

I would call it "braised brisket point with barbecue sauce". Whatever it's called, I'm always looking for new recipes for my pressure cooker. The recipe sounds good, but it may be a little busy for me; I would have to simplify it a little. I do have 2 questions.
1. Where can you buy a point separately? I've only seen flats and packers. I guess I could buy a packer and separate it before cooking but what's real smoked brisket without burnt ends?
2. Liquid smoke?

And there's no such thing as a former Marine. Semper Fi.

I'll take former (BTW your right) over ex anyday. Semper Fi back at cha.

Yup I was one of the C-RAT loving, dry cracker challenged, lucky strike smoke Marines. Gotta admit it was better than starving no matter which box ya got.

My Take is I would try it, maybe even like it.
Hell, i would eat Chit on a stick if it tasted good.

Back