John Henry Rubs/sauces/marinades?

jasonjax

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Jason
What do you guys think about his products? Is this a southern thing or even more localized? I have a dealer near me who stocks a ton of his stuff. I absolutely LOVE some of his products, and hey, a guy from Texas who cooked a dinner for the first George Bush can't be all bad.

He was also featured on Food Network at some point.

Anyways, just curious if I am the only one using his stuff since I haven't seen it posted previously.

Which did you use? I LOVE the Mojave Garlic Pepper. I'm not a paid spokes-person for John Henry either ..just like his stuff and was curious how prevalent it was.

One of my "secrets" for my ribs is his Pecan Rub. What a great and interesting flavor.

Actually, after checking, I have used two different ones, purchased at a local BBQ's Galore....The Texas Brisket Rub, and the Bourbon rub....

SteveT

I've used probably 10 of his rubs - no sauces. They are all honestly represent the category they seek to fill. My favorite is the Pecan. The Mojave pepper is a nice Santa Maria style rub. The cherry rub is good too.

We love the Texas Brisket Rub on anything. It is especially good on grilled chicken wings.

I also use the Heart Healthy #4 rub over the top of other rubs.

I've used probably 10 of his rubs - no sauces. They are all honestly represent the category they seek to fill. My favorite is the Pecan. The Mojave pepper is a nice Santa Maria style rub. The cherry rub is good too.

After seeing the line-up in your shop yesterday, I have a feeling I will have quite a few in stock here pretty soon :thumb:

I bought some of his Pecan Rub, and only used it twice. I just didn't care for it.

CD

If you search my posts, you'll see his products are all I use. I buy the Pecan Rub by the pound and his Slippery Hill Sauce by the gallon...

His Texas Brisket Rub and his Chicken Tickler are 2 other favorites, I tried the bourbon rub and a cherry rub, didn't care for them...

Very cool to see other folks using his products as I have.

Has anyone tried his Hot Wing Rub? I forget the exact name, but I totally dig it on my BBQ hot wings. I'll have to try some of the other combinations mentioned here too.

Thanks for sharing. This board is without a doubt the best BBQ forum on the net!

I have about 15 of his rubs. Love the cactus, Tammy's herbal, stockyard. The pecans and maple walnut are also good. I love adding some brisket marinade to hamburgers.

Back