Does anybody put maple syrup on their ribs??

B

BIGBrandon2785

I have never heard of it,untill I seen my uncle do it.And I say its not bad.He cooks his ribs like normal but at the end instead of BBQ sauce he drizzles them with maple syrup.

Wow, never heard of that either, sounds interesting for sure. Closest I have came to that is using Maple wood and a brown sugar based rub.

I've done it with cane syrup and that works pretty well so I can see maple being good. Definitely gives a great color.

Somewhat common around here. Parker's Maple Barn in Mason, NH (like 20 mins up the road from me) is known for them. Me likey.

go pats

I use real maple syrup and bourban with some salt and pepper and or old bay and salt.

I like it.

Rick

I know it's great on pig candy & I've been thinking about using maple sugar in a rub, smoking with maple lump is delicious so I'm not surprised to hear that maple sirple would be good on ribs as well.

What kind of rub is he doing that with - could get an interesting hot/sweet thing going there.

I know it's great on pig candy & I've been thinking about using maple sugar in a rub, smoking with maple lump is delicious so I'm not surprised to hear that maple sirple would be good on ribs as well.

What kind of rub is he doing that with - could get an interesting hot/sweet thing going there.
He uses his own blend,ive asked but he wont give me the recipe,lol

I know of some restaurants that mix some maple syrup with their sauce and mop the ribs after cooking. It works well if you are going to reheat.

Back