BBQ Brethren "Mini" Throwdown

Steak Dinner

Not a great photograph, but here is my dinner from tonight, flank steak, baked potato, asparagus, corn on the cob, and some french bread. Everything cooked on the smokey joe except the bread which I did in the oven.

DSC02831.jpg

Well it was a better pic at least, not sure how he missed it this morning but still does not do the actual chops justice! But the only other in focus pic was this...:becky:

noleftovers.jpg

If that is in focus, you are stoned.

Maybe I should do my pork chop redo. I could beat Guerry's just by focusing the camera. :becky:

CD

Mini Steak Dinner

Okay, so here is my official thread, just wanted to have a little fun first. I haven't entered one of these in a while, and my wife is out of town, so what better time to have a little fun with my little girl and my little grill?

Here is the "flank steak" seasoned with a little salt and pepper and some brisket rub.

DSC02809.jpg

I put the potatos on first since they take a little while to cook all the way through.

DSC02817.jpg

I eventually put everything on there and had a nice full grill.

DSC02819.jpg

Once everything was done, I found the biggest beer I've ever seen and had a nice little meal.

DSC02835.jpg

I think she was confused at first about the size of her plate

DSC02836.jpg

but the promise of ice cream usually brings an easy smile to her face :-D

DSC02837.jpg

So here are the actual ingredients of my "mini" steak dinner.

DSC02798.jpg

And a couple pictures of the whole thing up close

DSC02829.jpg

DSC02832.jpg

I'm sure some of you guys with a little more patience and a lot more photography skills could've done a better job with this, but we had fun anyway. Thanks for looking.

Nice one Wrench! A mini dinner from a mini grill. At least your pics are in focus!

Unlike mine, Chris' and half of Phubars...:becky:

And as to your dish Phu, any leftovers for me?

Thanks Phubar, mine is just a silly little plate though. Yours, on the other hand, is a hot farking mess of deliciousness. Give me a plate of that and a couple tortillas and I'm good to go.

Wrench - I think the pic with your daughter smiling with the plate is great! It offers the right balance of the cute kid factor and puts the plate size into perspective.

Phu - Way to represent the WGA! :jaw:

I'm having a hard time coming up with an entry. I was going to do a pork chop, but got deguerred on that. My mind is a blank on the "shell" TD, too.

Is there such a thing as Throwdown Fatigue? Will drinking a lot fix it?

CD

I'm having a hard time coming up with an entry. I was going to do a pork chop, but got deguerred on that. My mind is a blank on the "shell" TD, too.

Is there such a thing as Throwdown Fatigue? Will drinking a lot fix it?

CD
Go with cheesecake. It's a proven winner!:doh:

Okay, my neighbor came over to sit on the patio and get toasted with me in the very welcome cool breeze, and I came up with an idea. And, I can do it on the Smokey Joe. And, at the very least, I will like it.

I'll cook it as soon as I sober up. :becky:

CD

Go with cheesecake. It's a proven winner!:doh:

If there was a dessert category, I would have voted for your thing that you did with the tortilla with the sweet stuff and the crumbles. You should at least get Miss Congeniality for that one -- not that you personally deserve that title, but your dessert should not be punished because you made it. :becky:

CD

Back