Contest Results Zoo-B-Que, Racine, WI - 9/26 & 27, 2008 ***Results Added***

P

Papa Hogg

Who's in????

Papa Hogg & The Piglets will be there, I'll be smoking several racks of beef ribs for dinner Friday night, so stop on by.

Once I get a head count I will contact Marsha because they do assign sites here. Last year she set us all up next to each other.

We're in! See if you can get me by he Meerkats again... :rolleyes:

Marsha mentioned in an e-mail the other day that they are a little slow on applications but if the volume of phone calls she's had are any indication, they will be filled before next week!

See you at the Zoo!

We will be there. Just sent the application in this morning.

Brew-B-Q

2SkinnyCooks sent ours in yesterday. I think I'm gonna go buy myself a tent heater for a birthday present!:biggrin:

Looking forward to seeing everybody, and wishing everyone good luck at Menomenee the week before!

I think I'm gonna go buy myself a tent heater for a birthday present!:biggrin:

Just keep sampling the stuff that Diane keep in her little goodie bag and you won't even feel the cold :biggrin:

Or... You can snuggle with the lions.:rolleyes:

Just keep sampling the stuff that Diane keep in her little goodie bag and you won't even feel the cold :biggrin:

:biggrin: We might need to work on something a little stronger.....but apple pie is GREAT in the fall!

Seriously though, I hope things dry out a little by then!

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoke with Marsha & gave her the names of all who posted here so far & she is working on the lay out of this years event. She said she will do her best to put us (the bbq brethren teams) where we were located last year.

If any one else is coming let me know, she said she would like a fianal team count for us by this weekend if possible.

See you there!

My wife and I will be judging. We will see y'all for the awards.

Good luck to all the brethren!

Good luck to all the cookers. Used to live in Racine many years ago.

I'll be there Friday night for the people's choice and know that the Scotsmen will be there in spirit. Diane, make sure to save me a "piece" of that apple pie. See you all Friday.

Kathy

fat boyz will be there and we will be ready to pick a fight with a gorilla

We made it home from Racine earlier this evening. We had a great weekend hanging out at the Zoo. We had a very strange spot, behind Papa Hog and Farm Boys BBQ (with their massive fifth wheel toy hauler) so we had very few folks come over for the People's Choice on Friday night and the Feed The Beast fundraiser today. On the plus side it was great to be close to Papa Hog. We had a great time bantering back and forth. We were also within shouting distance of Billy and Spammy Q and close enough to visit Brew-B-Que and the Two Skinny Cooks. We also had a visit from Zabor and his wife (Jim and Sherry) and Ramona after they finished judging.

Here are some partial results. I'll add more results tomorrow if I have time...

GC - Cancers Sucks Chicago
RGC - Porkrastinators (a nice birthday present for Seth)
3. Iowa Smokey D's
4. Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que

Chicken
1. Farm Boy BBQ
6. Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que

Ribs
1. Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que
7. Papa Hog and the Piglets

Pork
1. Cancer Sucks Chicago
2. Brew-B-Que
3. Two Skinny Cooks

Brisket
1. Dr. Porkenstein
10. Papa Hog and the Piglets

I probably missed someone. please let me know. Congrats to all!

Great job Ron and all the Brethren teams. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Hey Ron, were those first place ribs Beef Baby Backs? :mrgreen:

Great job Scottie and Ron and to all other bretren calls

Back