Steak strip leftovers- ideas

EricD

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hey all. I made surf and turf kabobs today (shrimp and steak tips). Sorry no pics, but working on it.
Anyway, my wife bought a giant package of "sirloin strip- for tips". I only used half the pack. Now, what to do with the rest- about 5 strips (2.5-3 lbs), I haven't cut them up yet. They are frozen so this is next weekends cook.
I thought maybe shredding it because it's such a tough cut, but they have some marbling that might soften the meat.

bump.
No one has an opinion or something creative to do with them?
Is tips all they're good for?

I would make steak sandwiches out of them or pound flat with meat tenderizer and lay spinach, roasted red peppers and goat cheese on top then roll them up and grill or bake them. Steak pinwheels.

Saute some onions and mushrooms with butter. Remove and reserve.

Season the beef tips with salt and pepper and dust with flour. Brown in the pan used to prepare the vegetables. Remove and mix with the onions and mushrooms.

Deglaze the pan with beer (I prefer porter or stout for this). Continue stirring over medium-high heat until thickened into a sauce. Stir into the beef mixture.

Serve over egg noodles or Zatarain's rice.

Make cheesesteak omelets.
Make cheesesteak sandwiches.

Chili. Smoke them up, chop, and put in your favorite chili recipe for a few hours.

Back