Y'all better getcha one!

These beef ribs were pretty scrawny, so I smoked them for four hours, covered them in foil, and put them in the VEVOR at 150°F until my wife gets home this evening. I'll post a pic later and let you know how they came out.

That would be great for putting a brisket smoked up to 190ish and then held for 10-12 hours. I am wondering how it would be outside during the winter, in an enclosed outdoor kitchen. I would be concerned that it would not hold around 150 when temperatures are in the twenties or lower. I have more room outside than inside, so I will look into it. Great idea otherwise though!

That would be great for putting a brisket smoked up to 190ish and then held for 10-12 hours. I am wondering how it would be outside during the winter, in an enclosed outdoor kitchen. I would be concerned that it would not hold around 150 when temperatures are in the twenties or lower. I have more room outside than inside, so I will look into it. Great idea otherwise though!

I plan to do brisket holds with it, but not in the winter up here in Idaho! That's not for these old bones!

The VEVOR is insulated and worked just fine when it was 40°F out.

Update...

I plan to do brisket holds with it, but not in the winter up here in Idaho! That's not for these old bones!

Please do update with pics when you do briskets in it.....I might jump on that train myself!!

C

I would definitely get a table with wheels so I could roll it into the basement if it is too cold to use outside. I don't know why I didn't think of that yesterday. :doh:

Back