Mother of all block party threads and an over worked jimmy

That's how neighborhood watches start. We have hosted a block party in our driveway for the last 29 years. It is probably the best thing to happen to everybody that lives on our block. They won't let us barricade the street though, we asked and they tell us that we can't block emergency vehicles. That's why it is a driveway deal. We still spill out into the street though. Everyone gets to know each other and when you know your neighbors, you look out for their well being! Keep up the good work, it pays off for everyone!!:thumb::thumb:

Great job Keih. Great food and people.

Nothing better.

Absolutely fantastic on many levels:-D:-D:-D!!! That's what it is all about, great, great work my friend!

KC

That's how neighborhood watches start. We have hosted a block party in our driveway for the last 29 years. It is probably the best thing to happen to everybody that lives on our block. They won't let us barricade the street though, we asked and they tell us that we can't block emergency vehicles. That's why it is a driveway deal. We still spill out into the street though. Everyone gets to know each other and when you know your neighbors, you look out for their well being! Keep up the good work, it pays off for everyone!!:thumb::thumb:
That's awesome you host one even though the city won't let you block it off. It makes for a friendlier when neighbors get to know each other...I'm so glad we started doing it few years ago.

Wow FW... That is an epic post and equally epic event. I wish I had neighbors like you!
Thank you very much. I feel blessed to have good ones!

When i was a kid living on Air Force Bases, Block Parties were common but never in my Adult Life. Not sure if its cuz we were on Base or cuz we were in Alabama, South Carolina and New jersey or cuz it was the 70's/80's or what compared to now. I know It's too fricken Hot here to do one till Fall atleast. :mad2:

We do, do Brethren Bashes tho........:mrgreen:

Edit: P.S. Looks like a Great Time, Kudos to you for cooking all Day.
Thanks smitty. Ya know I miss the military gatherings we'd do as a large group, whether it's cook outs or going to a local lake. Something special about military folks and families...they are a close knit group

Nice job. Looks like a great time to live on your block!
Thanks! My block wouldn't be too much fun...it's one of those short blocks that have 2 houses but I'm right around the corner so they adopted me! LOL

That looks awesome! Nice cook. I have heard of block parties but I have never seen one. I always thought they were a thing of the past.

My neighborhood is not like that at all. All my neighbors are shut ins and you never see any of them.

I wish that would change.

Congrats on a job well done.

That looks awesome! Nice cook. I have heard of block parties but I have never seen one. I always thought they were a thing of the past.

My neighborhood is not like that at all. All my neighbors are shut ins and you never see any of them.

I wish that would change.
Congrats on a job well done.
I hope that changes too. See if a small group of people want to organize something and lay out an agenda do a flier on whats served, times and ask for donations.

We have a meeting about a month or so before comparing what we did the year prior and what we want to change. Everyone at the meeting takes on a duty and follows up with other helpers that couldn't make it. Important to have kid activities and adult (tunes and alcohol)lol.....after party.

Just Phabulous!:cool:
thanks brother phubar....it was phantastic! :))

Good Show all the way !!!!

Appears everyone had a tremendous time.....which is exactly what great food is supposed to do, bring folks together !!!!

That's awesome you host one even though the city won't let you block it off. It makes for a friendlier when neighbors get to know each other...I'm so glad we started doing it few years ago.

Thank you very much. I feel blessed to have good ones!

Thanks smitty. Ya know I miss the military gatherings we'd do as a large group, whether it's cook outs or going to a local lake. Something special about military folks and families...they are a close knit group

When my Dad was at Maxwell AFB in Montgomery, Al. we did many multi military family camping/boating trips to/at Lake Martin........ Fun Times

When my Dad was at Maxwell AFB in Montgomery, Al. we did many multi military family camping/boating trips to/at Lake Martin........ Fun Times
Camping is a blast...I wish we did it back then. We'd hit up Wildcat Lake in Washington St not too far from base.

Back