It's a Win/Win Situation, w/pron!

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Normally, when a conversation with the wife starts off with, "Honey, I know it's a lot to ask, but...";:roll: Well, you know how that goes. This time I scored!:biggrin:

There is an annual camping trip for the women of a group my wife belongs to. That campout is this coming weekend. Leaving Friday AM, returning Sunday PM. She wants to treat the 12-15 ladies to some Pulled Pork. "Honey, would you please fix it for us?" Damn right!

Let's see. I get to cook. I get to eat BBQ, and the wife leaves the boys and I for the weekend in peace and bachelor like quiet. Is there a downside to this I am missing? Anyway, I got home from work about midnight last night, fired up the WSM, put the two butts on with some hickory, pecan, and oak. Then I called it a night.
I got up about 0530 and turned the butts to fat side down and went back to bed.

I got up about 0745 and the butts were at about 180. By 1015 they were at 197. I took them off and covered with foil to rest. 30 minutes later they were at 204 and I was pulling pork! Here I sit at 1140 posting pron. She gets one butt and we get the other. A pretty good night's work while I slept I think!

Attachments

• win win 001.jpg
    win win 001.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 355
  • win win 003.jpg
    win win 003.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 355
  • win win 005.jpg
    win win 005.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 355
  • win win 008.jpg
    win win 008.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 355
  • win win 007.jpg
    win win 007.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 354
Looks great! Always nice to sleep while the meat's smoking.

Doesn't get any better than that! The only thing I could think of to top that would be if she asked you to judge a bikini contest while she was gone. Que looks perfect!

Sounds like a hell of a deal and it looks great! BTW, is that a lime green Weber Platinum or is it a Performer?

Looks amazing. I need a cover for my keyboard to keep the drool off of it.

Nice going,
Don'tcha love it when the plan comes together like that?

Like Saiko said....Doesn't get any better than that.....How did you control yourself from dancing around like a fool?......enjoy the upcoming weekend.....The pork looks amazing.

Pork butts look great.
Do you like the bear paws for shredding? I have always wondered if they work well.
Enjoy the time with the guys.
jon

Hmmm . . . let me see . . . NO! No down side.

Looks awesome. Bet it tastes awesome too.

Have fun with the boys.

Doesn't get any better than that! The only thing I could think of to top that would be if she asked you to judge a bikini contest while she was gone. Que looks perfect!

I'll have to mention that to her... LOL

Sounds like a hell of a deal and it looks great! BTW, is that a lime green Weber Platinum or is it a Performer?

Platinum, used to belong to Raja Bell, former Phoenix Sun NBA player...

Back