my new smoker (LOTS OF PRON)

bocephus

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
heres my first time on my new double barrel UDS!! did beef ribs, pork spare ribs, boston butt, half a ham, brisket, a roast, some salmon, and some moink balls to boot... heres the goodness.
The last 2 pics are to show you that I think I had too much smoke, even though nothing cameout tasting very smokey, And I saved my favorite for last, I took the butt, and the ham and chopped them up NC style... reminded me of when I was young MMMMmmmmm Dang it was good

Last edited:
wow man that is some nice diggs man i dont even like fish and damn ide hit that

That is some nice looking grub Bro!! I am not seeing the too much smoke issue... It all looks great!!

Beautuful job on the smoker! The food looks fantastic. I'd wear some forks out at your place.

That is a heck of a cook with some great looking results.

One question about the smoker if you don't mind. It looks like the tops of the side vents exit below the grate? If so, doesn't that prevent a lot of the smoke from reaching the meat? The smoke rings say otherwise, but I though I would ask since that caught my eye.

one of these day's my q will look that good, great job

That is a heck of a cook with some great looking results.

One question about the smoker if you don't mind. It looks like the tops of the side vents exit below the grate? If so, doesn't that prevent a lot of the smoke from reaching the meat? The smoke rings say otherwise, but I though I would ask since that caught my eye.

The exhaust from the top barrel is below the grate, but in my serches to find plans for this I saw alot of people that had them below the grates and said that this would make the smoke circulate in the barrel and over the meat before exiting... seems like it works

Hey man, everything looks great! In picture # 3 is that a brisket or a alligator head? How about some pictures of both barrels? Thats a cool looking smoker.

IMG_4482.jpg

This one is the one I built. It has one vent on top as you can see here. One thing I stayed away from was any galvanized piping in the build. I see you have galvanized vents. That may be okay, they are used to take the smoke/heat out of the chamber, but I would just play it safe and try to find yourself some stove pipe. Mine works great with the one vent on top, pretty much centered.

You did put out some great looking grum there. Loaded her up and did an awesome job. Awesome!

Great looking grub, and great pron... like the smoker any chance of more pics of the smoker

That is some nice looking grub Bro!! I am not seeing the too much smoke issue... It all looks great!!

Me either. That looks like pretty clean smoke. I bet some of what you were seeing was steam from all that meat, especially if outside temps were on the cool side.

Back