KitchenAid blenders

Indeed an excellent deal. Just a tip though, Consumer Reports rates the Braun Powermax MX2050 as a best buy (their #1 rating overall). They rank it higher in all categories and it's 39.85 from Walmart. I tried to copy thier ratings and put it here but it wasn't working out. Here's the link from Wally World:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=1234883

I've one of those, when blitzing a soup last month it shed one of the plastic teeth off the 'cog' in the base...

CarbonToe said:
I've one of those, when blitzing a soup last month it shed one of the plastic teeth off the 'cog' in the base...
Which one do you have CT, the Kitchen Aid or the Braun that I mentioned?

I take Consumer Reports reviews with a grain of salt. I have bought products which were top rated by Consumer Reports only to find out they were junk. I can see them rating the Braun higher, because the price is so much cheaper. What I like about Kitchenaid products is everyone I've spoken to who needed warranty work was well taken care of and they generally stock a full complement of replacement parts if you ever need them. If I was looking at paying full price for the Kitchenaid vs paying full price for the Braun, I would probably buy the Braun for the simple reason you can buy 2-3 of them for the price of 1 Kitchenaid. Actual users on epinions seem to rate the Kitchenaid much higher, from what seems like support issues on the Braun.
http://www.epinions.com/Kitchenaid_5_Speed_Ultra_Power_Blender_KSB5_Small_Appliances/display_~reviews/sec_~opinion_list/pp_~2#list

http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Small_Appliances-All-Braun_PowerMax_Jug_Blender_MX2050/display_~reviews

Good links Tony, I like epinions too. Wasn't trying to say the KA wasn't a good choice, just passing on something I found with my subscription to CR. Personally, I reserve the final judgement of anything I buy for myself no matter how highly it's rated.

I had the Braun that CR likes so well; it didn't last, though it had a good motor and had some nice design features. The teeth broke due to poor quality components.

Just trying to pass on good deals here. I think the commercial grade blenders are probably the best. But at $40 they can't last forever.

Kirk said:
Which one do you have CT, the Kitchen Aid or the Braun that I mentioned?

The Kitchen Aid one, it's a cracking blender though, I just wish I could get a replacement cog!

CarbonToe said:
The Kitchen Aid one, it's a cracking blender though, I just wish I could get a replacement cog!

I did the same thing to mine and got a replacement cog from the parts center on Sears.com, but they must have parts suppliers in the UK that carry it. It was about US$5 and was fairly easy to get on. I found a step-by-step instructional on some web forum. I'll try to fdind it for you. Pretty common problem.

KitchenAid blender rubber clutch coupling 9704230
9704230.jpg

ordered one tonight in metallic. while i was there i bought the slide aside for the weber kettle and the weber work table along with Peace Love and BBQ book. signed up for amazon prime got free 2 day shipping. just gotta remind myself to cancel amazon prime before they ring me for 80 bucks a year.

SmokeInDaEye said:
KitchenAid blender rubber clutch coupling 9704230
9704230.jpg

Yup, thats the beastie, I cannot find a supplier in the UK (or a US supplier that has them in stock that will ship here)!!!!!

CarbonToe said:
Yup, thats the beastie, I cannot find a supplier in the UK (or a US supplier that has them in stock that will ship here)!!!!!

If you really want one, I will order and ship

Back