New Louisiana Grills Vertical Smoker at Costco

DFoster

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
A couple of guys at work were telling me that Costco has a new smoker on the floor, the Louisiana Grills Vertical Pellet Smoker. Just from the description it looks pretty good. I have yet to go see it in person, but wanted to see if anybody has seen it or bought it. The price seems super cheap in comparison to other pellet smokers. Is this thing pretty decent size or tiny and that’s why the price tag is lower than a Traeger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if it's the one I'm thinking, series 5 (theres a series seven that's even bigger), it's a great value with a ton of capacity. I have the pitboss version (Louisiana grills owner makes pit boss too) and each rack can fit a brisket and it comes with 5 grates. the pellet hopper is huge. it may not be the best pellet cooker on the market but you would be hard pressed to find any smoker with the capacity in the price range

I looked one over this week. 60 pound pellet capacity. $450. I'm not in the market for a pellet but it did peak my interest.

c89393e6a334702b0e3061cf1941086b.jpg

Ran by to check it out. That’s the longest brisket I could find and is just shy of 20lbs. I’d say the capacity is pretty good.

$450 is not a bad price for the series 7 from what I've seen. It's showing $599 at the Costco site for me. Also from the costco website, they include the cover with the smoker (unlike the Walmart version of the 5). So for $50 more, its a bigger smoker and includes the cover. Other than the obvious increase in capacity is there any advantage to a series 7 vs a series 5?

DixieDawg, Which GA Costco had it for $450?

Last edited:
The Costco near us has the big 7 series. Looks great. Anyone have an experience with Louisiana Grilles as a company? Any scoop on these vertical cabinet smokers?

The Costco near us has the big 7 series. Looks great. Anyone have an experience with Louisiana Grilles as a company? Any scoop on these vertical cabinet smokers?

I know someone that needed a replacement for the chimney cap on the Copperhead. It was sent quick and free of charge. Heard only good things about the customer service.

For you news guys to the forum. If you are considering buying a smoker from Costco, wait. They start full price now and by April or May they start trying to move inventory. Not uncommon for a 699 smoker to drop to 299 or less in a few months. Watch for a while before you buy. Search the forum for the Bayou Classic. 2 years ago dropped to 199 in places.

I looked at this last weekend at my Augusta Costco. It is huge. I thought it felt a little "thin." Price was $450.

It's basically a little taller than the pitboss copperhead 5 series and with 6 racks that I saw. Same width. Took these pics a few weeks back. Even full price that isn't bad at all for all that room.

LHtgfJcl.jpg

oPNekApl.jpg

I'm not getting one............unless the price drops.........:icon_blush:

It's basically a little taller than the pitboss copperhead 5 series and with 6 racks that I saw. Same width. Took these pics a few weeks back. Even full price that isn't bad at all for all that room.

LHtgfJcl.jpg

oPNekApl.jpg

Me either. I didn't need the copperhead so why would i need this one?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Is that the reason why Walmart discounted the Series 5? Phasing it out to Louisiana Grills?

Is that the reason why Walmart discounted the Series 5? Phasing it out to Louisiana Grills?

That doesn't make sense because they restocked the Pit Boss version after the clearance and introduced the whiskey still version as well. My guess is that the branding is so they can sell it at Costco and the people that buy it can say that they don't have a Walmart smoker to feel better about themselves. The low cost might present a problem with my theory though.

$450 is not a bad price for the series 7 from what I've seen. It's showing $599 at the Costco site for me. Also from the costco website, they include the cover with the smoker (unlike the Walmart version of the 5). So for $50 more, its a bigger smoker and includes the cover. Other than the obvious increase in capacity is there any advantage to a series 7 vs a series 5?

DixieDawg, Which GA Costco had it for $450?

Ya the 599 is shipping and handling included. Also the sign said the price at 449 was valid until April 7th.

The Pitboss has raised the warranty to 5 years ,whats the warranty with this smoker?

If I see that in Aussie Costco stores I'm getting it.

Was looking at the smallest Traeger here and it's $1000 USD. Seriously.

Costco pricing is pretty good across the board here so if they bring it in it will be way cheaper than anything else I can get.

But, but, but... I can't wait that long!

In my area last winter they never did discount the pitboss copperhead 5 series less than $449.

Fellas I'm living on borrowed time I may not be around until the discount shows up (I'm using that excuse for all my latest toys) so off to Des Moines on Sunday. :becky:

But, but, but... I can't wait that long!

In my area last winter they never did discount the pitboss copperhead 5 series less than $449.

Fellas I'm living on borrowed time I may not be around until the discount shows up (I'm using that excuse for all my latest toys) so off to Des Moines on Sunday. :becky:

For that price it is a pretty good deal I think. Even the 5 series I have at $400 is a good price. You can cook a crap ton of food in there and I like everything that has come off mine.

Go get it!

Back