Tried 3 new things on one cook. Pron.

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
1. First cook on the Weber Spirit Gasser after rebuild. New burner tubes, flavorizer bars and grates.

2. First try with Bluethooth GrillEye rig.

3. Reverse sear on a good cut of meat.

Jupiter and Mars must have in phase and such. Been raining or I've been too busy to do it before last Sunday.

Prepped the good boneless choice ribeye the wife picked up from the Big Kroger. They have butchers there.

Just Ksalt and course ground black peppercorn.

Left it in the fridge for about an hour. 2 hours recommended. I'll link to the method I used at the bottom of the page. On to the NEW (refurbed) grill. Super smooth blue flame happening.

Tried to keep temp low but it was hard on the gasser. She want to run even with one burner.

I let this go on for awhaile as the IT of the meat slowly climbed.

Then it was time to crank up the heat for the sear.

Very pleased with the results. Sorry for the bad pic but it was eetin time by then.

Going to experiment with this Reverse sear again.

Some links that got me going on this. I blame it on the Brethren! :thumb:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247666

http://blog2.thermoworks.com/2017/0...ogPost&utm_campaign=June2017-Smoked-Ribeye-cs

Thanks for Lookin!

Never probed a steak while cooking it I just sear at 450 or 500 on each side then eat your ribeye looks great I buy my meat at Kroger's too

Mike, ya rocked it just like I knew you would. Killer looking hunk o beef, and beautiful rehab on the Weber; they're worth it!

Never probed a steak while cooking it I just sear at 450 or 500 on each side then eat your ribeye looks great I buy my meat at Kroger's too

Yeah, normally the cuts we buy are about 1/2 to 3/4 inches thick. Reverse sear is meant for thicker cuts. I did not measure but I guess it was about 1 and 3/4" thick. I have a Friend who buys one 3" thick. It's also the way to do prime rib without being cooked too much on the surface.

Love the reverse sear and love the ribeye! Nicely done there.

Lately I've been doing my sears on a screamin hot CI skillet and have been enjoying that.

Good restoring/cooking/reviewing! :clap2:

I ran this test to make sure to make sure the GrillEye would work well for an overnight brisket or butt cook on the WSM. With all the alarms and detailed graph info I must say it passed Big Time.

Nice job on the rebuild Mike!

Darn nice looking ribeye too!

I had a weber genesis gold i gave away 10 years ago. Best grill i have ever owned. Wish i still had it.

Don't you just love to be able to say that now we have a "Big Kroger"?
Butchers know me at Youree:-D, but the big store is almost like an outing for us.

Nice job on the Weber. And thanks for the test data on the new monitor. Bride said she was wondering what to get for my upcoming birthday. Thinking about adding a couple of extra probes, for a total of 4. Was glad you were able to give the comparison to HVAC industry probes. Thanks.

Oh, almost forgot, the reverse seared beast looked really good.

Back