cast iron grate warning

mbshop

Babbling Farker
just a heads up. on the weber kettle cast iron grates that folks have been buying be careful. if the grease and crud happens to glue the grate to the main part, don't pry on the grate ribs as they can and will break. cast iron can be brittle. suggest heating up the grate first before trying to remove the stuck section.

george, we don't have those grates but that is excellent advise for the future or those that do have them. Thanks for the heads up.

just a heads up. on the weber kettle cast iron grates that folks have been buying be careful. if the grease and crud happens to glue the grate to the main part, don't pry on the grate ribs as they can and will break. cast iron can be brittle. suggest heating up the grate first before trying to remove the stuck section.

If you let the grease and crud build up so much that it glues the grates to the frames then you deserve to have it break.

I've been using mine like crazy, testing it out and it hasn't come close to happening yet. Mainly because of the design of the grate and because I clean my gear.

Back