You're All Invited to The Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash 10-27-2018

I've put this on my calendar to try to make it out this year for the first time.

I don't have a portable cooker, nor a big enough vehicle to bring lots of stuff. I'll try to conjure up a simple side though to bring with me. It looks like there will be plenty of food presuming the sign up sheet is accurate, so I'm not going to try to cook and just enjoy and hang out if that's cool.

Dan, Shelly and I hope and pray that her stay is brief and all goes well for your sister.
All the best my friend.

Thank you. I just hope she gets the help she needs no matter how long it takes

I've put this on my calendar to try to make it out this year for the first time.

I don't have a portable cooker, nor a big enough vehicle to bring lots of stuff. I'll try to conjure up a simple side though to bring with me. It looks like there will be plenty of food presuming the sign up sheet is accurate, so I'm not going to try to cook and just enjoy and hang out if that's cool.

Hit me up offline, Jose. Maybe we can carpool.

:mod: 10 Days till The Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash! :mod:
It will be here before you know it!! :shocked:
Clean out your coolers, find the camp chairs, stack the PiBB ZERO and get ready for a great BBQ Brethren Bash this year!! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I hope you meant Pibb ZERO...

I can't believe it's so close.

Not to "rain on anybody's parade" but they are closing some state parks due to high water conditions. What's the situation with Belton Lake? Is it a flood control lake?

Had this problem at Ray Roberts a few years ago and ended up at peeps' house for our bash.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/park-information/park-alert-status

OK, with that information, I make a motion to delay the Bash for one week so I can attend the Bash.............. the sound of crickets..... I guess I know the result of my motion.....

Our site is opposite the overflow/ spillway of belton damn. It would be a safe place for Noah to build his ark. Way too high to flood.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rain seems to be letting up a tiny bit...
99a6f243ed0d2ebaa2f09ecacb637f9b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

:mod: 9 Days and 22 Hours till The Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash! :mod:
I fired up the R&V Deep Fryer yesterday for a test drive on a few tots. Wow!
I must admit, I've been cooking on most of my other gear this past year.
I forgot how much I enjoy cooking with it.
Are you ready for the Bash? :mrgreen:

Back