Hello From Newport Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

papahog

My name is Ken and I want to be the papa of BBQ Pork. Thus my name is PapaHog. I am new to offset smoker and have a cheap one to start my retirement years off on the right BBQ foot. From here I would like to build my own and learn the art of BBQ done right.

I have been a weber man for a long time and have turned out some of the best Baby Back Ribs I have ever eaten. I am a die hard Weber fan but for BBQ of 6 or 8 Ribs at the same time requires a different approach. However two or three Webers would do the same as my little drum with the offset firebox.

My smoker was given to me by my soon to be wife as a birthday present. Got it put together and heated up and ran some smoke through it so it would know what to do today when I did my first ever brisket. Well I want to brag now. Brisket done right on my first try is a dream come true for me. Beautiful Smoke Ring all the way down this great tasting smoked brisket.:-D

I followed a tutorial on this site to a tee and came away with an awesome Brisket.

So my little Char-broil with the offset fire box can get the job done. However I think I have a need for a few changes to it as it does not seem to be as air tight as I think it should be.

Alas............ But not tonight. BBQing a full boneless pork loin tomorrow.

With that I introduce myself and will hang out here as my home on the internet as I prefect my BBQ style.

Papahog

Welcome Ken ,from Nor Cal.
Hope the pork loin turns out OK today.

Thank You for the happy welcome. I am leaning lots of stuff from these forums. I will join you with subscription pretty soon. I support forums like this one. The others are a fishing site, a chess site and a poker site. But the Brethren brings me as much enjoyment as any.

I enjoy the raves I get from my BBQ prior to coming here but have learned stuff here that will knock their socks off.

Thanks again for the Welcome.

papahog

Now where did I put that matchlight.

Welcome

I know you'll find the site informative and helpful (as I do). I bid you hello and welcome from Long Island, NY.

Welcome to our crazy little club house!

Welcome to our version of OCD (Outdoor Cooking Disorder)! Always nice to see a new brother from the Pacific NorthWet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back