Persian SPAMotch Egg Sandwich with cheese!

BigButzBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Continuing our fun with SPAM run. I decided to Pull out all the stops. When I think of breakfast there are 3 things that are on the top of my list. Persians, a cinnamon roll that has been deep fried like a donut and iced (Some people have other names for them). Scotch Eggs, those delicious hardboiled eggs wrapped in breakfast sausage. And, Sausage, Egg, & Cheese Sandwiches, the all american standard.
I figured what not better to do with SPAM then try to incorporate it into a creation that embodied all of these breakfast favorites.
The goods:
253.jpg

The eggs got boiled and the meat grinder got set up. In went one can worth of SPAM!
262.jpg

Then came some seasonings. Didn't go very crazy with this, just hit it with some Pig Pollen and Chicken dust.
265.jpg

The Eggs were then Shelled.
266.jpg

Once the ground SPAM was mixed up, I took 1/4 of the mix and flattened it out in my hand.
268.jpg

Then added an egg.
269.jpg

All that was left was to get the meat wrapped around the egg. This really wasn't that difficult given the fat in the SPAM. Remeber when making Scotch Eggs, fat in your sausage is important.
270.jpg

Onto the smoker they went for about 1.5 hours. Spam seems to take longer to set up then regular pork sausage.
272.jpg

271.jpg

Then it was time to take care of the Persian side. I got some oil hot for deep frying. The cinnamon rolls were then taken out of the tube.
279.jpg

And smooshed flat. This is a very important step.
280.jpg

Then into the oil until golden brown.
282.jpg

They can be seen in the background of this picture.
289.jpg

The SPAMotch Eggs came off along with the other goodies I had cooked up.
278.jpg

Now for the assembly:
It starts with two Persians.
mms_picture-6-1.jpg

Which then get iced.
mms_picture-5-1.jpg

Then comes a slice of cheese.
0727111035.jpg

The SPAMotch Egg is sliced.
mms_picture-4-2.jpg

And added to the sandwich
mms_picture-3-2.jpg

Then the other persian goes on top, frosting side down.
mms_picture-2-2.jpg

0727111036b.jpg

Then popped into the microwave to melt the cheese.
0727111038.jpg

Now, for the bite!
mms_picture-1-4.jpg

OOOOOH MY FARKING LORD! :faint:
This was so insanely good! :hungry:
Let me break the flavor profile down for you. When you first bite into it, you get the donut like crispness of the Persian with a nice earthy cinnamon hit, followed by the sweetness of the frosting mingling with the creaminess of the cheese. Next come the seasoned, savory, salty hit of the SPAM followed up by the lightness of the egg white and the creamy if not a hint of sour yolk. It's amazing how everything married together so well. Infact, it is so good. I had to have another one this morning!
mms_picture-15.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Yet again, I apologize for the lack of quality in these pictures. Also, you may not want your cardiologist to see this. :twisted:

My chest hurts.

That does look good.

I do find it odd, and a little disturbing that ground Spam takes longer to setup in heat than pork sausage. I also did not know they were called Persians.

I do find it odd, and a little disturbing that ground Spam takes longer to setup in heat than pork sausage. I also did not know they were called Persians.

I found it disturbing as well, I think it's because the fats must be very lean fats and want to wick away from the meat quickly causing it to not want to bond together tightly. Cutting these is quite tricky.
As far as the Persian part goes, that's what the gas stations around her called them. I've got to a couple of different bakeries that have different names for them but, never seems like anyone can agree on the name.

A little egg mixed in with the ground SPAM will get it to hold together.:thumb: It needs a binder because it's precooked. Found that out with the Spammy Dean.

I have always called them 'those cinnamon roll donut thingys' and the donut counter woman can figure it out. As in, "...and give me a couple of those cinnamon roll donut thingys"

Myself, my doctor and Pfizer, the maker of Lipitor, would like to thank you for posting this.

Looks out-of-this-world good! :clap2:

Back