Tailgating Question

Wrench_H

is Blowin Smoke!
Since this is more than likely the last year of Non-probation Tar Heel football for a while, I decided to get tickets to see Virginia Tech hammer the final nail in their coffin. Wait a minute, I'm talking about ACC football as though anyone actually cares, let's just move on.

Chapel Hill is about 2 hours from here, and I don't have any portable equiptment, or time for that matter, to smoke anything at the game itself. I was thinking about smoking some ribs the night before, and leaving them without sauce in the fridge over night. Then I was planning to take a small charcoal grill, and warm and sauce them at the game. Anyone ever tried this, or have a better suggestion?

Thanks as always for any help

Haven't done this for tailgating purposes, but I have cooked ribs and reheated. I do a 3/2/1 and I accomplished the 3/2 protion and then sauced when I finished them the next day. Came out great, just be careful that if you are on direct charcoal that you may want to sauce once ribs get up to temp otherwise you may burn the sauce trying to reheat. Geaux Tigers!!!

I hope you are right about VT hammering home the final nail. Sorry to see a fellow ACC school go through that NCAA garbage. Especially a fine institution like UNC. I just wonder if BD will be fired or if he will resign.

I hope you are right about VT hammering home the final nail. Sorry to see a fellow ACC school go through that NCAA garbage. Especially a fine institution like UNC. I just wonder if BD will be fired or if he will resign.

I'd love to see him stick around, ironically he did a good job cleaning up Miami after similar incidents, but I imagine that they are going to have to let him go. I just wish that if they were going to cheat, they could have at least been a little better than they have been.

This year I have hosted two tailgate parties. Made up Brisket, Pulled pork, ABT's and MOINKS. I put everything in small foil pans and heat them up on my gasser. When I'm doing the brisket. I will add some beef broth while heating and apple juice to the PP. Works out great. You can cook everything the day or so before and rock. Put the ABTs and MOINKS on top of the meat. They heat up really well and won't get burned from the flames.

When I've reheated ribs for tailgating, I've kept them in foil till they get hot, turning frequently so they don't burn on one side. Then I unfoil, glaze and heat direct for about 10 minutes.
I would guess that you could just skip the foil and reheat directly, but I would be worried about the ribs drying out a bit.

Back