Ever cook goat?

Outnumbered

is One Chatty Farker
I'm doing a Caribbean Jerked goat shoulder tomorrow. Any suggestions on the wood? I'll use lump, but will want to add some wood to it.

I can get just about anything in the morning. But I have oak, hickory, pecan and apple on hand.

Have never cooked goat, only cabrito (kid goat), cabrito guisado is so delish, the best steak money can buy does not even come close to the flavor of cabrito guisado.

Cabrito is awesome. I've had goat a few times and loved it. My wife's family actually roasted two goats for our wedding and it was marvelous.

This is not baby goat, but from a whether that was only grain fed...no grass at all. It looks great so hopefully I don't ruin it.

I've only cooked goat in a stew called Birria de Chivo.

Goat cooked by roasting or smoking could probably hold up to the stronger flavored woods. I'd use some of the hickory mixed with the pecan.

i have nevercooked goat but i have a few mexies that work for me that go on and on about it! they have not let me down yet on a good meal. i am anxious to try it . they have a big party coming up that they say they are going to bbq a goat.

I'm doing a Caribbean Jerked goat shoulder tomorrow. Any suggestions on the wood? I'll use lump, but will want to add some wood to it.

I can get just about anything in the morning. But I have oak, hickory, pecan and apple on hand.

Well for the record I have to say pimento... but seeing as that's probably out of the question I'd say either oak or pecan... ACTUALLY, I'd mix the two. :thumb::thumb:

Cheers

We cooked goat in a pit in college. Terrible taste. Maybe it was because we butchered it and cooked it the same weekend.

I bought a billy goat once that we butchered and then cooked slow over a campfire in aluminum foiul for several hours. It was wonderful. Very close to venison only a little sweeter meat.

Back