Butt, Ribs and Chicken

Smoke on Badger Mountain

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Josh
Today is the last day of a 4 day weekend for me, then back on for another 10. So I decided to do a little cooking. Started last night by prepping the shoulder and got it on the stick burner around 0300 Pacific.

Trimmed it up a bit.

Because it's just a backyard cook for family and friends I decided to separate the muscles. Never have done that before.

All seasoned up with a house make rub.

Here they are at 0700 this morning just before a wrap. I don't always wrap but I was in the mood today. Pit has been running right a 250 almost all night, but have been burning a little more wood than normal to maintain that due to the 26* outside temp.

The ribs will be going on in just over an hour and the chicken after lunch.

Update. Ribs are on.

The the ribs are trimmed, rubbed, and on the cooker.

Started with full spares and trimmed them down to St. Louis cut.

Ready to rub.

Now for some smoke

Kept the trimmings for a cooks snack.

On the pit.

These ribs and shoulder are both Hormel. I have always had IBP for as long as I can remember, but we will see how these go. It's all the store had.

My buddy's bride does not do spicy so I changed up my standard rub. I guess this cook is full of firsts for me.

That chicken looks crazy good. What’s in the glaze?

It's way to sweet for me, but the family likes it. It's 3 parts blues hog, 1 part Kinder's original and 1/2 part pork drippings.

When I'm cooking for just me and or a select couple of buddies if I use any sauce its just Kinder's original by it's self. This sauce sure does take a nice pic though.

Final shots

Well it's late but company has headed home and I figured if I don't post these now it may never happen

Plated shot
Pulled, MM, garlic parm potatoes, rib and chicken

The ribs could have gone another 30 min or so if I had the time but it was not to be.

The chicken was probably my best and I suck at chicken so that;s not saying much

Back