Smoked Hot Dog

Lighter-Fluid

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the first one to ever do this but I don't know why I've never thought of it before. Picked up a pack of Nathan's yesterday to make quick lunch. Put a Butt on the Shirley about 7 AM this morning then the ribs on at 11. Why not throw a couple of wieners on the smoker for lunch? Hmmm why not hit it with a little rub? Took them off about an hour later. On the bun with a little mustard and chopped onions. WOW! I'll definitely be doing that again. Smoke, rub added a different touch to the ole common hotdog.

(Sorry no pics they went too fast?

Nathan's smoked hot dogs are awesome and I cook mine for a hour too , 30 minutes per side is perfect .

I would like your comment multiple times if I could. Those Nathan's all beef hot dogs are awesome smoked. Sometimes I just eat them as finger food, no bun or anything.
Smoked dogs are a great little treat while waiting on the main meat(s). You are correct...no bun necessary.

Nathan's are very good. Try Koegel's natural casing Viennas if you can find them.

Baloney on the smoker for 3-5 hours with slits cut every 1" or 2 then mustard and rub will get you thru lunch till the main event is ready :grin:

Baloney on the smoker for 3-5 hours with slits cut every 1" or 2 then mustard and rub will get you thru lunch till the main event is ready :grin:

YESSIR!!! You can also slice said baloney in thick slices and toss on the grill a few minutes and transform it into the " Main Meal".Cheap white bun,thin sliced onion,mustard,a little coleslaw and cheese if you want it makes a FINE SAMMICH!:clap2:

I have never thought to smoke hot dogs before but next time I get a chance I will!

Thanks guys, done the baloney before, just never even thought about a hot dog. The smoked ones from yesterday made the nuked ones from today seem just OK. I'll def make sure I have some on hand the next time for snacks when I have the smoker fired up.

Thanks guys, done the baloney before, just never even thought about a hot dog. The smoked ones from yesterday made the nuked ones from today seem just OK. I'll def make sure I have some on hand the next time for snacks when I have the smoker fired up.
Smoked Spam is another treat.

Back