BBQ Brethren "Beef Ribs" Throwdown!

Uhhh...Groundhog? Those look a little undercooked. Even more undercooked than the ones Colonel00 posted.

I'm a proven winner. I can pick good. I won just a couple weeks back if you don't believe me.:heh:

I've gotta get back to cooking...you guys are killing me!

beefribsthrowdown.jpg

A carniceria opened recently a few blocks from my house so I stopped in yesterday and picked up a couple of pounds of flanken beef ribs.
br1.jpg

I mixed up a marinade out of pretty much what was on hand: Orange and key lime juice, garlic, cider vinegar, salt, pepper, Tabasco, and a bit if Worcestershire. Let them marinate for about eight hours.
br2.jpg

Fired up Homey and grilled the ribs.
br8.jpg
br3.jpg

Grilled up some veggies too, Yellow squash, zucchini,mushrooms, grape tomatoes, green beans, red bell peppers, EVOO, salt, pepper, garlic, and cayenne.
br4.jpg
All served up along with some mashed potatoes and sharp cheddar.
Although a little on the chewy side, the flavor of the ribs was outstanding. This will be done again for sure. Please use this shot and thanks for looking.
br5.jpg

Dang Tim, I was putting my post together while you were posting yours,sorry about the bad timing on my part. BTW, you done some killer ribs there!

The Colonel better hope his ribs finish before midnight tonight!:eek:

Will he get a DQ if they are not done all the way through when he pulls them?

CD

Try higher heat and maybe some foil.:thumb:

I have been holding steady at 150* all week but I just can't get the IT over 160*:noidea: I would use some foil but I never know which side is supposed to be up :help:

160? They are waaaaaay overdone. You should have pulled them somewhere between 95 and 105. The bark might be good though.

I have been holding steady at 150* all week but I just can't get the IT over 160*:noidea: I would use some foil but I never know which side is supposed to be up :help:

If you run at 150 for two days, your IT should be 300. Something is wrong with your smoker.

CD

Usually when I do mine, the temp gets up to 212* within an hour.

Rubbed some beef ribs with a light coat of Smokin' Guns Hot and a heavy coat of salt, pepper, and garilc. Put them in the drum using regular K and white oak chunks for fuel.

picture.php

This is about 2 hours into the cook.

picture.php

Here is a pic for scale.

picture.php

This is the entry pic.

picture.php

Nice, but what's with the tape measure? Don't you know that length doesn't matter? It's the meaty girth of the beef rib that generates the most pleasure. :becky:

CD

Back