ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Happy Phriday, Pholks!

It's been a good, but busy week out here in the SW USA.

I thought I would celebrate the start of the weekend with a bargain bin t-bone from the commissary and a baked potato.

After a good scrub down, I gave the tater a light drizzle of EVOO, followed by a heavy-handed dose of Cavender's Greek Seasoning. I cannot stop singing the praises of this combo on a baked potato! A 50/50 mix of KC Mike & Co's Santa Maria & Carne Crosta soon covered the steak as I fired up the Vortex in the kettle.

OenLRkTl.jpg

I continue to be impressed with the versatility of this hunk of metal in the kettle...

pD9ZlBul.jpg

The carne crosta begs for a quick sear at the end.

MexmfAKl.jpg

I admit to unabashedly slathering the 'tater with plenty of butter and green chile dip (instead of sour cream).

yWi3xMDl.jpg

Thin blue and kind regards to you all.

You had me a bargain ��!!!

Looks fantastic!

That is how it's done!! Everything about that cook looks perfect. Happy weekend.

What do you do when an old friend and hard crew member from crazy times and years past comes into town?

You cook up some Wings! - Jamaican Jerk and some Buffalo using Gold Star as the basic flavor layer.

vSfOxL6l.jpg

dOYAAwtl.jpg

ybfBdKZl.jpg

Good times and shenanigans ahead.

Meat and taters are a classic for a reason and you did it proud! :clap2:

I've been doing the Cavender's on chix, scrambled/fried eggs, etc. but have not done taters with it. I'll give it a shot - I have no doubt it's great. Has anyone else noticed the Greek folks are good with (among other things) taters? Esp. fries - go to a Greek joint - or better yet, Greece - and the fries are killer - always!

Looking forward to seeing the wings! :hungry:

Sorry - I got distractified.

It was 1730 when my friend walked through the door and somehow it's now 2230. No idea how that happened. Could be the 4 years since we last saw each other. Could be the single malt. Probably a combo.

4WQztOyl.jpg

I wish that I'd grabbed a plated shot... but I tossed the Gold Star wings in Wing-Time Medium Buffalo Sauce and we hit the Jamaican Jerk with fresh lime.

Calabacitas (Mexican zucchini with onion and garlic) served as the veg.

We raised a glass tonight and shared memories of Jakal Stone, "Boombox Orchid," teaching my good friend how to take gas from a KC-135 tanker, and retiring an MC-130P together from Japan, across the Pacific, to The Boneyard.

If you're not a Scotch drinker for fear of "peaty" or "smokey" overtones - this is for you. Nectar D'Or is smooth, sweet, and light. It's dangerous.

PNQ2cX9m.jpg

More / Better Pr0n next time.

Thin blue and kind regards.

Last edited:
Back