Oakridge Jamaican Jerk Seasoning - Now Available.

If it's anything like Mike's other rubs, it will be great! I'm going to get some soon!

Need a bunch of other stuff so I'll add to my order tomorrow!

I find it interesting that their #1 ingredient is sugar. This is my Go2 Jaimaican Jerk from Island Spice (from Jamaica) and sugar is their last. I never have issues with burning with high heat chicken.

Ingredients: Jamaican pimento, Onion Chips, Garlic, Paprika, Ginger, Celery, Mustard, Crushed Pepper, Salt, Sugar

Please let us know how it is after you try it.

I find it interesting that their #1 ingredient is sugar. This is my Go2 Jaimaican Jerk from Island Spice (from Jamaica) and sugar is their last. I never have issues with burning with high heat chicken.

Ingredients: Jamaican pimento, Onion Chips, Garlic, Paprika, Ginger, Celery, Mustard, Crushed Pepper, Salt, Sugar

There are as many variations on recipes for authentic Jamaican Jerk as there are for authentic American Barbecue. And no variation makes any one less "authentic" than another. I never copy any existing commercial recipe. It's just not my style. I target the exact flavor profile I want to achieve and then blend toward that end goal. Only once I achieve the flavor profile I'm looking for, am I happy.

The sugar is there for a reason, a couple actually. One of which is to help create a char on the meat. Believe it or not, the charred bits are actually quite good and desirable.

Bottom line, as always, if you (or anyone) isn't 100% satisfied with any of our products, we firmly stand behind our no questions asked, 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, as we have since the very beginning. But, you should probably actually try it first before you make up your mind...

OakridgeBBQ_Jah_Love_Jerk_Seasoning_0009.jpg

:thumb: :thumb:

Already placed an order :thumb:
There are as many variations on recipes for authentic Jamaican Jerk as there are for authentic American Barbecue. And no variation makes any one less "authentic" than another. I never copy any existing commercial recipe. It's just not my style. I target the exact flavor profile I want to achieve and then blend toward that end goal. Only once I achieve the flavor profile I'm looking for, am I happy.

The sugar is there for a reason, a couple actually. One of which is to help create a char on the meat. Believe it or not, the charred bits are actually quite good and desirable.

Bottom line, as always, if you (or anyone) isn't 100% satisfied with any of our products, we firmly stand behind our no questions asked, 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, as we have since the very beginning. But, you should probably actually try it first before you make up your mind...

OakridgeBBQ_Jah_Love_Jerk_Seasoning_0009.jpg

:thumb: :thumb:

Mine was delivered today, got some chicken going. Did a quick finger test.... WOW! Mike was NOT shy with the scotch bonnets!

of course it's released days after I received my last order! I will just have to get some next time. looking forward to trying it.

Back