Parkay ???

Lemonhead

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have followed Malcom reeds rib recipe often, which calls for parkay squeeze on top of the ribs during the wrap. They come out so good. The problem is I can’t find parkay squeeze anymore. However I can find the parkay in the tub. Do you think I’ll achieve the same results or is the squeeze a must ?

Parkay is terrible for you. Put pats of real butter on them.

I have never used it and will choose butter or animal fat over it, however it is available at most Walmarts.
Not sure how far this is from you, the Parkay web site says it is available at:
Shop Rite
20 Lloyds Ln
Middletown, NY 10940
(845)341-2104

Last edited:
I use real butter and can't tell the difference. Any fat will work but lately I've just sprinkled another light coat of rub and wrap, if you have a little sugar in the rub it makes a nice sweet coat on the top like a bbq sauce. I like both methods but you just have to find what you like and go with it.

FYI, I think it was Johnny Trigg that used that method 1st but I might be wrong and someone here will correct/educate me if so.

I have never used it and will choose butter or animal fat over it, however it is available at most Walmarts.
Not sure how far this is from you, the Parkay web site says it is available at:
Shop Rite
20 Lloyds Ln
Middletown, NY 10940
(845)341-2104

Thanks for looking that up. Unfortunately it’s not at shoprite though . I’m in their everyday and Walmart just has the spray and not the squeeze

He says he uses parkay because it adds richness and using real butter can burn easily.

Im in camp that refuses to use it

Ribs I prefer keep simple.

Well, simpler than competition style

He says he uses parkay because it adds richness and using real butter can burn easily.

Butter has a smoke point of 350 degrees. You would have to be cooking hotter than that for it to burn.

I like the taste of country crock over butter - fight me.

I use real butter and can't tell the difference. Any fat will work but lately I've just sprinkled another light coat of rub and wrap, if you have a little sugar in the rub it makes a nice sweet coat on the top like a bbq sauce. I like both methods but you just have to find what you like and go with it.

FYI, I think it was Johnny Trigg that used that method 1st but I might be wrong and someone here will correct/educate me if so.

Johnny definitely popularized it but I don't know that the was the "first" to do it. He also used tiger sauce and brown sugar on his ribs too.

I have followed Malcom reeds rib recipe often, which calls for parkay squeeze on top of the ribs during the wrap. They come out so good. The problem is I can’t find parkay squeeze anymore. However I can find the parkay in the tub. Do you think I’ll achieve the same results or is the squeeze a must ?

I usually get Parkay, but the last time I looked for it I could not find it.

I picked up this instead and its pretty good.

https://www.landolakes.com/products/butter-spreads/land-o-lakes-soft-squeeze-spread/

Good ribs don't need Parkay, butter, bacon grease, or anything of the like. Those things excel only in covering up a bad cook.

Malcom teaches competition BBQ. Leave the Parkay for morning pancakes.

Back