From the sea, to the shore, to the coals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bluecrab

Ahoy, Todd here. New to the site but not to cooking on coals. Not a formal BBQ'er. Been fishing most of my life. We catch and cook over hot coals some of the freshest seafood you could imagine. Got interested in the UDS from another website called Surf Talk and it led me here. Lot's of great information on this site and I'm looking to learn how to hot smoke in a ugly drum smoker. Going out today to pick up the drum. I plan to be done by the weekend if everything goes well and the ball and chain doesn't interrupt me. Hopefully the first cook will be Hot Smoked Blowfish Tails. I will keep you informed on the progress. You keep posting all the great ideas. Would love to learn how to cook a brisket that doesn't require a grinder to eat. See you around the campus.

Welcome to the backyard brother... If it is brisket you want it is brisket ye shall receive. When you decide let us know...

Welcome to the asylum, Todd! Also the best place for UDS info on the whole darn web! :-D

Did you happen to see in the forum rules where new members have to send fresh seafood to all of the moderators? When you need my address, just let me know...

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Welcome aboard brother! Enjoy reading the UDS thread!

Good to have ya here Todd.
Won't be long and you'll be smoking "turf" too.
Welcome to the best clubhouse on the web!

Welcome to the greatest forum on the planet Todd!

Well, Todd, I can honestly say I've never had hot smoked blowfish tails so if you do send the moderators some food - make mine that!

And welcome to the Brethren. You've got some good company up there in LI.

Arlin

Thank you for all the welcomes. Just picked up a drum and getting ready to cut the top off. Can't seem to find the right size piece of expanded steel so it looks like I gotta buy a 4' x 8' sheet. No worries as I'm sure I'll be building another and when it comes to materials, a lot is good, more is better and too much is just right. Told the wife I could build this for next to nothing. I'm up to $200 and rising.

If there is anyone in the Babylon area looking for some 3/4" expanded steel drop me a PM before you purchase any as I will have extra.

Todd.

PS: I've seen some mouth watering pics of some fancy fixings, just wait for the hot smoked blowfish tails. There's going to be some bartering going on here. You haven't lived until you dined on spiced up smokey tails chased by a cold one. Can you mix pulled pork and blowfish?

Welcome, now pull up a stump and take a load off!!!!
Did you happen to see in the forum rules where new members have to send fresh seafood to all of the moderators? When you need my address, just let me know...

:-D :-D :-D :-D
Good thing you don't make up the rules at the comps....:mrgreen:
Good to have ya here Todd.
Won't be long and you'll be smoking "turf" too.
Welcome to the best clubhouse on the web!
Why would you and to smoke grass..... Oh... I get it.... It's a 60's thing...:icon_shy

Welcome Todd. Blowfish tails????? Would love to see pictures of those. Post often and share what you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back