Holding brisket for service. How do you do it?

Pyle's BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I am going to be adding brisket to the menu. I want to get you input on holding it all day and keeping the quality. I have a steam table or a I've that will go down to 150*F. Holding on the smoker is not an option yet. Also, do you just serve the flat sliced or both the flat and point? I know I could make burnt ends and have another item.

I wrap in plastic wrap and then foil, leaving the brisket whole, we use a warming cabinet in the restaurant, but on the road a cambro, but if there isn't much in the cambro the temps will drop faster on ya. but by wrapping it in plastic and foil, its retains more moisture, and stays hotter longer. brisket has become our easiest meat to cook, hold , and serve. Never any issues.

Right there with Tinybud. Warming cabinet with some Au Jus in the pan foil over the pan. Leave it whole to start until cutting the point gets to the flat - then separate the two & continue. We serve both point & flat. Point in sandwiches, flat & point on platters & by the pound.

The idea of wasting a beautiful point to make fake burnt ends saddens me. You'll get some real burnt ends & first cuts just by cooking a whole brisket...

Back