The Fatty has been completed...pr0n

humdogj

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I finished the Fatty, and here it is!

DSC00006.JPG

It was smoked on average I would say about 250 degrees for 2 hrs. 35 minutes. I had issues with the new smoker, but I'm working on it. It turned out really good for my first one. I thought it would have had more flavor, but I didn't go with the JD Hot, just regular. I heard that the JD Hot isn't all that hot, just seasoned better, so next time I might try that.

I pulled it at 165 no matter what the time said. I look forward to experimenting with some different Fatties throughout the fall and winter. They seem like they would make good breakfast sandwiches before work. That would be the breakfast fatty I'm going to make. A pizza fatty maybe? How about a turkey sausage fatty for the more health conscious wife? Or, how about a brat Fatty!!!...it's football season almost and that would be a tailgate winner!

Any comments on color/smoke would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC00006.jpg
    DSC00006.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 283
  • DSC00010.jpg
    DSC00010.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC00012.jpg
    DSC00012.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 282
looks real good was the baccon crispy or are my eyes playing tricks on me

Pic #2 looks like a "bacon football". I will need directions to your house please. I'd totally hit that fatty. Looks juicy, nicely colored, and stuffed well. Good job. You say that's your first one? Whoa.

fnnm358 - The bacon wasn't crispy, but it did have a good color like it did. You could crisp it up a bit but I like my bacon all different ways.

brewerjame15 - Yeah, first one. Having my Maverick ET732 really helped (it's defnitely worth the purchase).

Nice job. Looks really good for a first one, which mine looked that good now!:tongue:

NIIIIIEEEEEEEECE!:clap2:

Way to go. Looks great!:thumb:

That is an awesome looking fatty, I need to smoke a few for practice!

fnnm358 - The bacon wasn't crispy, but it did have a good color like it did. You could crisp it up a bit but I like my bacon all different ways

Ya me 2. I like it a bit more crispy on my BBQ but nice n floppy n juicy for breakfast.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Back