Down in Arkansas

Neil

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
The wifey and drove down to visit her aunts in Quitman, AR yesterday and we will be heading back to Michigan on Friday. Stopped at Boomland outside of Sikeston, MO to gas up $2.65/gal. and pick up a 6 month supply of Blues Hog BBQ Sauce, Tennessee Red Sauce, and dry rub. Tomorrow we are going to head over to Altus, AR so I can buy a couple of cases red wine vinegar at the Post Winery. Best wine vinegar I've been able to find. My grandparents use to make their own vinegar and this stuff is the closest to what they made. A good vinegar is essential in my house because the wifey and I eat a lot of salad. Forgot to mention, we had lunch at Lamberts, home of the "throwed rolls". Kind of unique. Best fried ocra I've ever had but their fried chicken leaves a lot to be desired. If I had a choice, I would much rather gone to Popeye's.

Neil,

My wife has eaten at Sikeestons as well. She said the portions were huge. To the point of making her upset about the amount of food being wasted and thrown away.
Have a safe trip folks.

Yup throwed rolls!!!

Have not been there in awhile. Trip in spring to Alabama country. Need to put Lamberts on the list. Its for the kids. :icon_wink They have never been there!!!!!

Lamberts was voted number one place to pig out by the Food Network. A hint if you have never been there. Order the least expensive thing on the menu and by the time they have come around and given you five helpings of free food you will have to be rolled out of there! Just a thought.
Thanks
Mike
Swinebuck
(A former resident of Sikeston)

Have not been there in awhile. Trip in spring to Alabama country. Need to put Lamberts on the list. Its for the kids. :icon_wink They have never been there!!!!!

Let me know when you are comming to Al and I'll try and point you in the direction of some good Que.

While your at the Post winery, pick up a bottle Post's Strawberry wine:cool: I'm not a big wine drinker but that stuff is as adictive as crack.

You passed right by me. The portions are big at Lambert's. It's a good place to eat though when you want something a little different.

Lamberts was voted number one place to pig out by the Food Network. A hint if you have never been there. Order the least expensive thing on the menu and by the time they have come around and given you five helpings of free food you will have to be rolled out of there! Just a thought.
Thanks
Mike
Swinebuck
(A former resident of Sikeston)

You got that right Mike. I could have made a meal out of the potato and onions alone. Wait a minute, I did do that!!:biggrin: By the looks of a majority of the diners there, I think they had to have been rolled in there also!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Lamberts is awesome, used to hit it every time I drove from Memphis to Omaha back when I was stationed down there. Keep telling my wife we need to go back sometime, but she doesn't seem to thrilled.

Back