Suckling pig on the Big Green Egg...

Don Marco

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
...was planned for today :p

So i fired up the small egg and added some hickory chunks

57_pp_001_Small_20.jpg

57_pp_007_Small_17.jpg

Porker took it like a man, he knew that day had to come sooner or later. :twisted:

But once i put him on the egg...

57_pp_011_Small_17.jpg

...all the memories of our good times and what we´ve been through came up again and i just couldnt do it...
smi6.gif

At least i was lucky cause i had 3 pounds of ground pork in the fridge. So i mixed some Cream cheese with chipotle in Adobo and onions and made 3 nice fattys

57_pp_002_Small_22.jpg

57_pp_003_Small_17.jpg

57_pp_009_Small_10.jpg

57_pp_010_Small_19.jpg

So it wasnt a pigroast today but after all it wasnt that bad at all
smi5.gif

57_pp_012_Small_13.jpg

57_pp_013_Small_16.jpg

57_pp_014_Small_14.jpg

57_pp_015_Small_12.jpg

So long...
a_cheers.gif

DM

Got me on that one. Was saying how the hecks he gonna get a pig on an Egg?

Gotta love that cast grate.

Those fattys look great! Did you put down a piece of ham or prosciutto in there too? Looks kinda like it in the pics. That would be SO good for football games today!

Those fattys look great! Did you put down a piece of ham or prosciutto in there too? Looks kinda like it in the pics. That would be SO good for football games today!

I put a layer of thin sliced italian salami between the ground pork and the stuffing. when its rolled up its keeps the stuffing from oozing out of the fatty and also adds extra flavour. I think ham or prosciutto would do as well.

DM

I put a layer of thin sliced italian salami between the ground pork and the stuffing. when its rolled up its keeps the stuffing from oozing out of the fatty and also adds extra flavour. I think ham or prosciutto would do as well.

DM

OK, that sounds good, but what kind of Italian salami? Lots to choose from there and it may not matter anyway...

Back