vacume sealer packaging

jlondon

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I don't usually have much by way of leftovers, but I have been tinkering with the idea of getting one of those vacume sealer devices. What do folks here think of these? Worth the money? Any particular brands folks have good experiences with or would recommend highly?

Use one all the time, not only for left overs, but also for fresh things that go on sale. Downside is that the bags aren't cheap. Had a SS one that was semi commercial. It took a dump fairly fast and now I have Food Saver (at least 6 years old), works great.

We use a Food Saver Vac 1075 all the time. We buy a lot of bulk meats from Sam's and repackage.
All of my game that i harvest goes through the Food Saver. I recoment having one.:thumb:

I use it all the time. I have a food saver. Found some rolls of plastic at a cheap store and stocked up. You have to watch for sales because they are expensive.

I agree with Foodsaver. Buy the rolls instead of the bags and you will save money. I get mine on e-bay.

Food Saver! I use it all the time, for deals at the market, I like to spend a whole weekend smoking and vac everything and freeze it for later, always like to have Q on hand for those sudden urges!

I buy the rolls also, i usually wait until they are having a sale and buy the rolls directly from Food Saver.

So I just called Foodsaver and they said their "Vac 1075" model is "obsolete", they also said that while their "V2830B" is "not obsolete," it is out of stock. When asked when they expected it to come back into stock, I was told they have no idea. They said the only products they definitely have and that are current are the ones listed on their website. The unit they were pushing over the phone, based on my answers to a few background usage questions was FoodSaver V3840. Seen here: http://www.foodsaver.com/Product.aspx?id=c&cid=87&pid=7190

Anyone familiar with this model? At $173.40 it aint the cheapest option I had in mind for food storage.

Foodsaver! get my rolls of bags from Sams Club

So I just called Foodsaver and they said their "Vac 1075" model is "obsolete", they also said that while their "V2830B" is "not obsolete," it is out of stock. When asked when they expected it to come back into stock, I was told they have no idea. They said the only products they definitely have and that are current are the ones listed on their website. The unit they were pushing over the phone, based on my answers to a few background usage questions was FoodSaver V3840. Seen here: http://www.foodsaver.com/Product.aspx?id=c&cid=87&pid=7190

Anyone familiar with this model? At $173.40 it aint the cheapest option I had in mind for food storage.

That is the one that I have and I love it.

I know my local sams club has a food saver kit/unit for $149. Saw one in the orange tags (open box return) for $100 last week.

I have the FoodSaver V3840 and just used it last night for the first time....I love it so far...It has been sitting on our counter for like 5 months because I wasnt sure how hard it was to use...It was so easy and so fast that I will be using it often! I used it to seal 6 pork chops, 8 Ribeye, 2 T-bone, 16 beer brats, 8 hamburgers and 9 boneless chicken breast! It came with a good amount of bags in the box....I would buy the rolls that you can cut to size...do a search online sometimes you can find coupon codes to buy it cheaper...i got mine for $135 with a coupon code I found online...good luck!

look on ebay or amazon.com. Also, if you have a local Kohl's department store, they often have them on sale at good prices. various models.

I have this model. I got it at Kohl's a couple of months ago for $100 or $110 or something. They have sales a lot. Target has a similar model for around $130 regular price. Check Craigslist for one. I see them on there fairly often. A friend of mine picked one up for $40 or something with a roll of bags. You just have to be patient on there.

That is a huge model to be sitting on my counter. For $174 it better vacuum more than food :icon_blush:

I have a food saver also, I buy my my bags on e-bay in 50 ft rolls and its not to bad of a price I also use mine to marinate steaks and other things

I have a food saver also, I buy my my bags on e-bay in 50 ft rolls and its not to bad of a price I also use mine to marinate steaks and other things

I am about to buy those bags on ebay. How do they compare in quality to foodsaver ones?

Another vote for FoodSaver, works well. Buy family packs of steaks and such, seal them up till you want to use them.

Foodsaver, for about 20 years, on my 3rd one.... I buy the rolls on ebay also, but not the Foodsaver brand.... They cost about 1/2 of what the Foodsaver brand bags do and work perfectly... Costco recently had a nice kit with bags and vacuum jars for $150

Back