Backwoods or Stumps?

I see that you are in TN. Not sure how far you are from Lynchburg, but the Jack Daniels world comp is next weekend. Humphrey's has 11 teams using their cookers. There will be several sizes on site. If you aren't to far, pop on by. Find the team Smokin Hoggz and ask for Chad. He would love to show you around and answer any questions you might have. For a backyard're you can't go wrong with a Humphrey's Weeble or Battle Box.

i researched Humphreys vs gravity fed cookers and chose a rebel 23. The only reason being i cooked on several pellet grills over the past years and got the mentality of a "set it and forget it". From what I've read, the same can be said with a gravity fed cooker. However, a great friend purchased a Humphreys this past summer and is extremely happy with it. The only con being a Long warm up period. Once he solves that problem, he'll love it. I have not picked mine up yet.( this wknd. im making the drive to get it) so l can't tell you much about the Rebel. I'll definitely be posting once I bring the Rebel to its new home. ( I hope she likes cold weather)

also, look at the size to weight ratio. It'll give you a better idea of the build quality. Meaning whether its made of steel or tin.

I will say, after seeing the Humphreys, it's built like a tank. Definitely food for thought.

Apples and oranges, decide if you want a water cooker or dry first, then you can compare brands.

personally i wouldn't get anything that doesnt fit full pans, but thats me, decide what is important to you.

Back