? for Jambo Owners

KingRanch450

is Blowin Smoke!
If you don't buy the optional furnace door and go with the standard firebox door....where are the vents? I've looked at tons of pics and see the horizontal bar raised from the box with two bolts in it....but that doesn't appear to be a vent system, or am I wrong?

I'm not a Jambo owner, but I had one at the house for about 3 months and cooked on it 3-4 times per week.

That is the intake that you are seeing. The exhaust works like a dream for adjusting the pit temp. If you need to make adjustments to the intake you can take a socket wrench to the nuts on the the inside of the door. I'd only do that between cooks if you had issues cooking in your preferred temp range.

I'm told the cast stove door offers a little more versatility, but have never cooked on one of those. They sure are pretty.

I'm not a Jambo owner, but I had one at the house for about 3 months and cooked on it 3-4 times per week.

That is the intake that you are seeing. The exhaust works like a dream for adjusting the pit temp. If you need to make adjustments to the intake you can take a socket wrench to the nuts on the the inside of the door. I'd only do that between cooks if you had issues cooking in your preferred temp range.

I'm told the cast stove door offers a little more versatility, but have never cooked on one of those. They sure are pretty.

Thank u sir....the cast stove door is awesome looking....it's also a $900 upgrade

True, but in terms of the whole buy......I forgot to add something last night.

The Jambo burns a very efficient and clean fire. If you are using a milder wood, the smoke flavor corresponds. If you are looking for a little more smoke flavor, without changing wood the stove door can be the answer according to a few cooks, that have them, that I've talked to. It's easier to adjust the intake and starve the fire a bit.

It's up to you whether that's worth $900 to you. Jamie can switch out the door later, but you'll have to wait again for him to get it in and out depending on his build schedule. If time is $ to you, it's probably cheaper to get it from the start.

From my few weeks of experience, i have found that control on the stack works quite nicely. If for some reason I do need a little extra at the intake, I just crack the firebox door. I usually do this right after adding a split until it catches. I can easily keep mine humming at 250 with the stack vent and once you have it dialed in, you can maintain temps with ease.

The pics below were from last night. Outside temp was around 39 degrees. The stack vent was only open a about 1/4 of the way. You can see the fire and temp below.

picture.php

picture.php

Back