My apologies to red box smoker

bucko

is one Smokin' Farker
My problem with the red box smoker was me not the red box I think I love it now I lit 1 chimney full if Kingsford briquettes in a Weber chimney waited until they were completely ashed over with the water pan full of water held temp around 250 for almost 5 hrs I raised the charcoal insert about 1 1/2 inches with 4 bolts 1 in each corner about every hour opened firebox door and shook the ashes I had clean smoke during the entire cook I was a rush to judgement on this smoker and it was me not the smoker

My problem with the red box smoker was me not the red box I think I love it now I lit 1 chimney full if Kingsford briquettes in a Weber chimney waited until they were completely ashed over with the water pan full of water held temp around 250 for almost 5 hrs I raised the charcoal insert about 1 1/2 inches with 4 bolts 1 in each corner about every hour opened firebox door and shook the ashes I had clean smoke during the entire cook I was a rush to judgement on this smoker and it was me not the smoker

Good to hear you got it figured out. Also good for anyone who may have been considering getting one to read your "apology".

Now start smoking!

Some cookers take a while to master. I was in the same boat with my Assassin. Glad you figured it out.

Back