Talk Dirty to me, Sweet Lucy...

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Or, Grilled Pork Chops with Todd's Dirt and Sweet Lucy Mustard Glaze.

Our friends at 4 Smokin' Butts Competition BBQ Team introduced us to Sweet Lucy, a bourbon liqueur from Tennessee. It's Goooooodddd stuff! So, Parsley Lady was looking at recipes for pork chops and came across a bourbon mustard glaze that I adapted to use Sweet Lucy.

It started with a couple of thick cut boneless loin chops which were brined in a mix of water, Kosher salt, honey and soy sauce. Those were then rinsed, dried and rubbed with a little EVOO and then given a dusting of Todd's Dirt. They then sat for about 30 minutes to let the oil rehydrate the rub.

IMG_0749.JPG

I had plans to use these as an entry into the Pork Chop Masters Throwdown and grill them on the Egg but I was stuck in meetings much later than I had hoped, so I fell back to the gasser :shocked:. I seared them over direct heat for a couple of minutes per side and finished them indirect until the internal temp was 140. then I gave them two layers of glaze as took them off of the grill at 150 internal to rest.

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0756.JPG

Brothers and Sisters, these did not suck! The chops were moist and tender and the glaze had a nice combination of sweet and tangy. I will definitely make these again.

Here is the approximate recipe for the glaze...

Sweet Lucy Mustard Glaze

3 T Butter
1 t minced garlic
1/4 C stone ground mustard
2 T packed brown sugar
3 T Sweet Lucy
1 1/2 t Worcestershire
Freshly ground black pepper to taste

Melt the butter in a sauce pan and saute the garlic for about 1 minute. add in the rest of the ingredients and whisk until smooth. bring to a boil and boil for about a minute to cook off the alcohol. Glaze the chops during the last 5 - 10 minutes of cooking.

love it!

oh well, guess more pork chops...er cutlets...wait sorry, darn landarc, are in your future.

sauce sounds excellent.

Now those are some nice farkin' pork nuggets!

Nicely done Ron,
thanks for sharing the recipe,
gotta be delicious.!

Great job Ron!!!

Looks like a super way to do super chops!!!!!:thumb:

Looks great! I haven't had good chops in so long...*adds to shopping list*

Those look tasty.

You should still enter them in the Master's TD. You might be able to get your entry in using the new "Shortbus" rule. :shock: :p :tsk:

Those look tasty.

You should still enter them in the Master's TD. You might be able to get your entry in using the new "Shortbus" rule. :shock: :p :tsk:

That's reserved for the truely stupid like me and Ronelle doesn't quali...no, um, hmmm...wait. Nevermind.

Oh yeah baby! Lucy can talk dirty to me ANYTIME!!!!

Nice chops Ronnie!

ok, i'm not the brightest bulb in the bunch but what is "sweet Lucy".....i mean the PG version :)

Back