Dark Side Dino Bones

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
With Star Wars Episode I in 3D recently released, it seemed like appropriate to cook up some nice dark beef back ribs in my Darth Maul inspired drum smoker. I really should take some time and paint some eyes on the UDS. Horns would be nice as well.

I got the UDS fired up and smoking along at 225 with some chunks of red oak for smoke:

IMG_0751.jpg

I prefer to buy ribs that haven't been cut into individual bones but I had a 20% off coupon for these so I bought them anyway. The ribs got rubbed with some Rub Co Santa Maria & Original:

IMG_0762.jpg

And put onto the UDS:

IMG_0769.jpg

I let them get some decent smoke for about 90 minutes and then gradually ramped up the temps to about 275. After about 3 hrs the thinner ribs were looking done:

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

I put them under some foil for a rest and took this pack of stuffed crimini mushrooms out to the Mini Egg which was cruising along at 425:

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

A little while later the thicker ribs were looking good:

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

Dinner was tasty! The ribs certainly had a little more bark since they were individually cut & rubbed all over.

Thanks for looking!

Really nice! I still have not tried beef ribs it is hard to find any in my area with meat on them. Your ribs look fantastic! I like your drum also!

Back