Cab Whole Brisket

jacob

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Bobby
I seen one at the pig, 25# worth, I was just wandering if it was really worth cooking the whole thing. The price was in the low thirties which I thought was pretty good for the size. But if it ain't worth the effort I will get a 3# Prime for the same price.

I try to get CAB any time I can, I just get better results. If you can pay around $1.70/lb, I say go for it. Seperate the point from flat, then cook away.

I would like to get any kind of brisket for $1.70/lb!!!
Our local grocer carries CAB flats for us at that price. A few slices brought in for the meat dept. helps to grease the wheels. It all started with Wyatt's brisket featured in his avatar.

So your telling me I walked by a good deal and should make that my first stop today.

So your telling me I walked by a good deal and should make that my first stop today.

If you do go back, look at it closely. I've never heard of a 25 lb brisket. Does it still have the bones (what bone is that, the sternum?) attached to it?

OK I made a slight mistake, I don't know what it was I saw because it was gone. I assume I was reading the tag wrong, they were all thrown together with other stuff.

I did pick up a nice size cab Brisket for around 18.00 and a eye of round for 14.00 and 2 Butts for the freezer @ .99 #.

Any one know anything about eye of round?

I guess I need to take a picture or you all wont believe me will you.

Back