THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THoey1963

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Terry
So, I made an entry into the "On a Flat" TD last week when I made some Salmon. Seems some idiot (Me) missed or forgot that there had to be pictures of the item "cooking" on the flat. Instead of getting an automatic Dilly Bar, I decided to enter again and at least have a chance of not being "Dillyed"...

I had a Tri-Tip in the freezer that I planned to cook over the holidays when my son and his girlfriend were visiting. Other meals came up and I never got a chance, so it sat in the freezer, calling my name every time I opened the door. Pulled it out last weekend and finally got around to cooking it today.

Pulled her out of the bag and let her rest on the counter for about an hour. That Worcestershire sauce soaked all into the meat while it was bagged. Rubbed with SPOG.

IMG_4303_zpsori3pcm5.jpg

Threw her on my gasser indirect (don't worry, the flat picture is coming) until she got to about 110*...

IMG_4304_zpsxtxadl8b.jpg

Once 100*, onto my upside down GrillGrates on the hot side of the grill to sear the outside and bring her up to 130*.

IMG_4306_zpsou36rdew.jpg

IMG_4307_zpsrsnaoci5.jpg

Pulled about 130* and let her rest.

IMG_4309_zpscw3aoqub.jpg

Sliced and ready to serve...

IMG_4310_zpselnqioio.jpg

Served with Habanero Lime Crema (think of as a Southwest version of it as the Horseradish sauce you'd put on Prime Rib) and some pasta salad.

IMG_4312_zpslbmdbjgn.jpg

I don't know what it is, but I just love Tri-Tip. I mean, I seriously get happy when I take that first bite. Better than Ribeye to me and darn close to Prime Rib for a lot less.

Let's see if I can get this entry Dillyed too...

Thanks for looking...

Thanks y'all. And best part is that there is a good chunk of the more rare meat for sandwiches tomorrow.

looks great

for many years i cooked on nothing but a gasser turned out a lot of great food...farked up al ot also

I love my Weber gasser, but much rather have a kettle. Wife can't use a kettle, so stuck with it for now. Done some really good food on it. Done a couple of oops too.

Thanks, stole the sauce recipe. The blog may be down now, but here it is:

Habanero Lime Garlic Crema
Time: 10 minutes

- 1/4 cup sour cream or Mexican crema agria ("agria" meaning sour)
- 2 Tablespoons to 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (stems included) depending on how much cilantro flavor you like (optional if you hate cilantro of course)
- 2 Tablespoons mayo
- 1 habanero, rough chopped (habis, as they're affectionately called in our house, are VERY hot. If VERY hot is not your thing, you might try using just an eighth or quarter of the pepper to start.)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (about 1 very small clove)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (optional) Zap everything in a blender for 20 to 30 seconds. Donezo!

http://chezshinae.blogspot.com/2014/01/habanero-lime-garlic-crema.html

Leftover cold sliced sandwiches today with more of that Crema, it's what's for dinner. Went a little heavy on the sauce. Wow! Whew...

Back