Pig wings for my girl

ShencoSmoke

is Blowin Smoke!
My daughter loves what she calls "pig wings". I take a rack and split it long ways and barbecue just like a full rack. These were sprinkled with my "everything" rub and barbecued in my drum over wicked good lump for about 3 hours. Served with roasted beets, mac and cheese and country ham green beans.

and the payoff...

Last edited:
What Great photos and cook. Your Daughter is a Cutie. Heck Man, The Cute Kid Crutch (as it's know in the TD's) is a proven winner.

Also, do you use a cleaver to cut the ribs like that from St. Louis trim? How do you cut dem bones?

What Great photos and cook. Your Daughter is a Cutie. Heck Man, The Cute Kid Crutch (as it's know in the TD's) is a proven winner.

Also, do you use a cleaver to cut the ribs like that from St. Louis trim? How do you cut dem bones?

i havnt been around the TD's long enough to know about the kid crutch, hope I didnt break any rules!

I have friends in high places (they own meat band saws).

There's a cutie pie.

And those ribs look great. Man, I would pay for a bowl of those and some beer.

We are getting closer bob. Final hookups for the brew equipment is happening in the next week, they will be brewing the first week in May. Just hung the stainless behind the hood, we are installing the hood next week. Should have my health department permit as soon as we get tile down and move in the equipment.

Thank's for the post! Don't worry about the "crutch". The memories that us "Back Yard BBQ's' want to leave for our children are what it's all about. That smile is priceless!

i havnt been around the TD's long enough to know about the kid crutch, hope I didnt break any rules!

I have friends in high places (they own meat band saws).

Oh no. No rules broken. I suggest using that little Lady in the entry pic. Heck the cook link will explain the rest to the TD voters. :thumb:

Great Idea & she has good taste.... how could you say no to that lil heart breaker I know I couldn't:thumb:

Thanks Blu. I'm debating selling them like this in my new spot. The thought is that by having them in half bones it would allow me to sell them by the pound just like brisket and pork. also,6 half ribs fill a plate better than 3 long bones. downside is they are a little more labor.

Back