Chicken and Rib Tips on my Shirley

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I feel bad since I haven't cooked on my Shirley in a while :doh:. But Sunday I knew I was going to help empty one of my freezers and cook up some food for friends coming over. I had so many thighs leftover from competitions that didn't make the grade and I needed to cook them up. Also some ribs tips leftover to help make room in the freezer for more bbq :clap2:.

So here are the pics............

After removing the tarp had a little surprise of a small hornets nest. So before using my weed burner to light the fire I used it to get rid of the hornets. Took about 2 seconds to get rid of them :-D.

Starting the fire. Takes about 45 seconds or so to get it up to 300-325.

Here it is after torching

Chugging along as I went to mow the lawn

Here is the meat

Getting it rubbed. There was a lot of chicken and I wasn't sure if it would all fit and leave room for the rib tips

It fit :clap2:

Buddy brought over some beer

Rib tips on

Chicken is done

Corn on the smoker

Tips and corn done

Tips

Corn

And plated with some tomato salad to make tacos with the chicken

Damn, that is a lot of chicken! Helluva nice cook!!! It all looks fabulous!

Hell of a "fridge clean out" cook...

Nice. Looking forward to getting my SF and loading it up.

Good looking food. You have some lucky friends. How long does it take to get your pit up to temp with (and without) that weed burner?. I 'm considering getting one.

Good looking food. You have some lucky friends. How long does it take to get your pit up to temp with (and without) that weed burner?. I 'm considering getting one.

I haven't lit it without the weed burner. But with the bed of lump I lay down and 2-3 sticks to start it takes maybe a minute to be at temp. The weed burner burns it all so hot that it is almost immediately at smoking/cooking temperature.

Jason that is an awful lot of awesome looking grub right there.......One of these days i am going to get caught up and build me.... a new cooker my self

Rib Tips are at the heart of Indiana BBQ, and those look delicious! :thumb:

Back