"Kettle Cook Off!" Ribeyes

sliding_billy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
)
I had less than a hour to get the kettle lit and up to temp plus cook 2 thick steaks (I had 4 in the fridge but the other two will have to wait) before the torrential downpour started. The rest of my week and weekend are not looking very good for cooking.

Rub is Cattleman's Grill California Tri-Tip. I thought it only appropriate to use the rub that I got for the Easter TD tie with TailGateJoeCom that led to this TD selection. Thanks ATBBQ! This rub kicks a$$.

Cooked on the OTG with GrillGrates turned over for flat cooking. Grates were 500 degrees (according to the IR thermometer) when the steaks were put on. Dome temp was around 300. Charcoal was KBB loaded directly under the grates in 2 charcoal baskets. :eusa_clap Done to a perfect medium (as ribeye should be done :blah:). Sides? Does scraping up the extra rub and juices qualify as a side? I think it does.

Pretty low tech cook, but you would have thought my sons won the lottery when I told them they were getting ribeyes instead of frozen dinners. :mrgreen:

here's a couple of ribeyes on the weber...
RibeyeCook1_zpsf8d86398.jpg~c200

They were tasty!!

"Cooked on the OTG with GrillGrates turned over for flat cooking." That's exactly how I cook mine Billy. They look awesome!

Back