The Weber Smokey Mountain Appreciation Thread

The WSM Changed my BBQ world.

Here with handles, ET 732 and Cajun Bandit SS door mod:

2vlsdap.jpg

Great thread!

The dedicated site for the WSM is www.tvwbb.com

I have to get that if it works even half as awsome as it looks it has to be great!!

They work so well it is scary. These things are just flat-out-stupid-easy to run, once mine hit the temp I want I don't have to monkey with it unless the weather changes drastically.

My first WSM.Love it!!Loading it up with ribs and brisket for a family bbq in a couple weeks will have pics of that! Side table isnt tall enough need a couple bricks.

Attachments

• DSC07908.jpg
    DSC07908.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 385
All of you need to get some good handles on those WSM's...

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

Contact Marty....

Cheers!

Bill

I'm jealous of all you good people. I've got a modified ECB...I've had it for about a year now, and I can usually get some good Q out of it, but it's a nightmare on a windy day! Also, it's fine for baby backs and spares, but can get a bit clogged up in the ash department on a longer cook. Sadly, where I live (Taiwan) doesn't have any Webers...Maybe one day...Sniff, sniff...

Another big fan of the WSM's, I have both sizes and love them both. I have a question and I've done a lot of searching but have only found a couple threads and they didn't really have much information so I thought I'd see if any of the hardcore WSM fans can help.

I'm going to do three racks of spare ribs tomorrow and I want to try it without the water pan, just for something a little different. My usual setup is no water just the foil lined pan, which works great, but I want to see how it works with no pan at all and would like to see if anyone's got any first hand experience they'd like to share.

I had a UDS which I built and also liked a lot but gave it to my son a couple years ago. I would like to try to replicate direct heat that the UDS uses with the WSM.

Here's a couple shots of my "smokehouse" and smokers, and thanks in advance for any tips.

001-64.jpg

003-61.jpg

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread, as I too will be purchasing a WSM here in the new future. I'm glad there are lots of happy users of the WSM. Any tips for a novice would be greatly appreciated.

you can't beat them I am cooking for my wifes birthday party today,I lit the pit 5:30 yesterday morning,cooked 6 butts 15 hours,pulled them off and put on 4 briskets pulled them off at 10:00 this morning and fixing to put on a dozen racks of Saint Louis ribs tell me what other 22" smoker that will let you cook that much meat in about a day and a half

I never saw this thread before. So, here's my 18.5 WSM with iQue 110, and my Mini WSM, posing with the rest of my "family."

picture.php

CD

Back