THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blues_n_cues

is Blowin Smoke!
i get these from my local save-a-lot store.
they we're $4.99 per lb & choice cut but i coulda got them for $3.99 if i bought the whole case.. now in Kentucky during festival seaseon these go 6 oz grilled & chopped for $6.00 per sammie.
i was trimming & going for hooking up mom ^& me for dinner steaks@ 1"+ apiece..
here's the pics.
i got 1.6lbs of trimmed chili meat, 2 1/2" strip steaks, 2.4lbs of beef fat for sueat or sausage, ^ the rest are 1"-1.5" steaks....
i was a fish catcher & cutter by trade for almost 30 years- but i think i do pretty w/ beef too..
wholeribeye001-2.jpg

wholeribeye002-2.jpg

wholeribeye003-2.jpg

meatcutter001.jpg

meatcutter002.jpg

thats chili meat strip i trimmed of fthe bottom
meatcutter003.jpg

meatcutter004.jpg

thick ass cuts
pix/meatcutter005.jpg[/IMG]

oh yes..
meatcutter006.jpg

i let mom pick the best 6 & sending her home w/ my own andouille,brats, & sauces,jellies, & rubs...not to mention "i love you Mom but get DA fook out..."
sweating.gif

meatcutter007.jpg

Great thread!

In the past (few times I can afford it), I have just sliced through the roast and made thick steaks or smaller roasts.

I love it when I learn something new!!!!

Thanks,

TIM

Great Thread! I never thought to break the meat down. I too just sliced em up and threw them on the grill. When is the fish cut and clean 101 coming out?

Great Thread! I never thought to break the meat down. I too just sliced em up and threw them on the grill. When is the fish cut and clean 101 coming out?

well since i live in Kentucky now & not in port Aransas....my biggest fish in my pond is smaller than the lure-but mighty hungry.:laugh:

i'll get a couple mahi & snapper dropped shipped to me for a tutorial and a meal.:thumb:

Sucks to see that. I love steak but I can't eat red meat... my stomach can't handle it!!! I do indulge time to time though!! Look great!

Back