THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R

Roo-B-Q'N

OK I know it is out there, I thought I book marked it, I have looked in the recipe section, the Roadmap and then tried to look through threads started by Poobah. Man can he post! Over 8,000.

So I need to find the thread for Phil's Prime Rib. Can a brother help me out?

Is this it?

"Phil's Prim Rib Phil need you help just got back from Sams. I had them cut me off a seven lb hunk of prime rib. She brought out a 17 lb cravat prime rib that was to big so like I said she cut it down for me.

This is how I remember you doing it. Take it up to 130 internal then use a hot ass Webber moving continually for five minutes or so to thinking up the bark?

Does that sound right "

Found it in the archives

Ashmont

THAT IS THE ONE! Man you had to have dug deep for that one. I didn't see it at all ing the recipe section.

"Phil's Prim Rib Phil need you help just got back from Sams. I had them cut me off a seven lb hunk of prime rib. She brought out a 17 lb cravat prime rib that was to big so like I said she cut it down for me.

This is how I remember you doing it. Take it up to 130 internal then use a hot ass Webber moving continually for five minutes or so to thinking up the bark?

Does that sound right "

Found it in the archives

Ashmont

That is part of the cooking instructions. The entire recipe and style is above.

Thank you brothers!

Hey, Tom when you send me my banner could you inlcude an end piece of that prime rib. Just add it to my bill. Please let us know how the prime rib turns out.

Theres a few ways to finish. Depends on what u want.

If u dont want bark, pull at 130-135 and let rest UNCOVERED. Heat load will bring it to medium.

If y want a bark on it(recommended, cause this rub makes and awesome bark.) Pull at 125 and roll over hot coals. Pull NO HIGHER that between 130-135 unless u want it medium inside. 130-135 will yield rare to med-rare in the middle. Even slightly higher will go medium in the middle to medium well on the outboards.
PrimeRib.jpg

if you want it real crispy outside, dont clean your pit for 2 years, let the grease form a false bottom and then let it ignite when your about ready to pull it the roast.

DSCF1638.jpg

Ask parrothead for details on pit cleaning. :)

if you want it crispy outside, dont clean your pit for 2 years, let the grease form a false bottom and let it ignite when your about ready to pull it the roast.
:)
Ancient Brethren secrets HuH!

if you want it crispy outside, dont clean your pit for 2 years, let the grease form a false bottom and let it ignite when your about ready to pull it the roast.
Dayum. Now there's a recipe that takes some advanced preparation!

If u dont want bark, pull at 130-135 and let rest UNCOVERED. Heat load will bring it to medium.

If y want a bark on it(recommended, cause this rub makes and awesome bark.) Pull at 125 and roll over hot coals. Pull NO HIGHER that between 130-135 unless u want it medium inside. 130-135 will yield rare to med-rare in the middle. Even slightly higher will go medium in the middle to medium well on the outboards.
PrimeRib.jpg

if you want it real crispy outside, dont clean your pit for 2 years, let the grease form a false bottom and then let it ignite when your about ready to pull it the roast.

DSCF1638.jpg

Ask parrothead for details on pit cleaning. :)

I still want to find out WTF that "brown liquid" is that you rub all over it is.

No Go

Well due to circumstances beyond our control, we were unable to cook the prime rib.
We got a 14# boneless hunk O' beef and now we will have to toss it in the deep freeze until mid September :mad: . So I will post the pictures then.

Phil's Prime Rib was the decision maker in me joing the Brethren after I had it at Grill Kings last year, outstanding stuff!

It's just too bad that someone hasn't developed a way to "Harvest" meat.
You know, you just go in, surgically remove the prime, and close him back up.
After a year or so, you could go back and do it again.

Back